Senior Marketing Associate - Direct Marketing (Chicago, IL)
Senior Marketing Associate - Direct Marketing
Capital One, a Fortune Magazine "100 Best Companies to Work For," is seeking an innovative and data-driven Senior Marketing Associate for the Branded Card Acquisitions team to help lead marketing efforts for our Partnerships consumer segments. This associate will play a critical role in our growth strategy, focused on acquiring new customers through Direct Mail and Digital marketing. This role requires a mix of channel marketing expertise, comprehensive knowledge of our product portfolio, and marketing analytics and optimization. You will be responsible for leading the creative development and execution of marketing campaigns while working closely with world-class creative agencies and marketing analysts. This highly visible role creates a powerful opportunity to take your leadership, marketing strategy, and technical skills to the next level.
- Lead development and execution of ongoing mail/digital acquisition campaigns and testing initiatives for the Partnerships segment
- Serve as key liaison for and collaborate with cross-functional teams including partners from: Marketing & Analysis (P&L owners), Creative, Operations/Production, Legal etc.
- Collaborate with analyst teams to understand total business performance and build on analysis to identify new opportunities and adjust marketing/ testing strategies
- Synthesize research insights, marketing trends, competitive landscape, and macro external factors to identify new strategic recommendations to improve results and Brand impact
- Influence internal decision makers with formal recommendations and informal networking through excellent communication
- Work proactively in an agile environment and identify when to work outside the process in whitespace
This Associate should bring:
- An entrepreneurial spirit, initiative, leadership, creativity, balance of proactive and reactiveness, and drive for results
- Experience leading and managing creative processes, working with creative teams and agencies, and writing effective creative briefs
- Able to manage the details of multiple projects, deadlines, and changing priorities simultaneously while maintaining excellent and accurate work
- Multi-Channel marketing and direct response experience, including direct mail and digital
- A passion for leveraging data, metrics, and insights to drive results and learnings
- A curious mindset, ready to dig in on consumer attitudes/behaviors/trends and draw implications for marketing
- Highly effective communication skills with outstanding writing, editing, and presentation abilities
- Strong working knowledge of Google Suite Sheets, Docs and Slides
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in multi-channel marketing with data-driven direct response, including direct mail
- At least 2 years of experience in planning, execution, and analysis of marketing programs
- At least 2 years of experience managing creative processes and working with creative teams
- MBA preferred with marketing relevant coursework (esp. Market Research, Marketing, Sociology, Psychology, Behavioral Economics)
- At least 2 years of experience working with cross-functional teams in a matrixed environment
- At least 1 year of experience working in an Agile team environment
- At least 3 years of experience in financial services marketing
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $99,500 - $113,600 for Sr. Associate, Marketing
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).