Senior Marketing Content Writer
All Campus partners with world-leading universities to recruit qualified students for online degree and certificate programs. With a leadership team that brings decades of experience in education, we offer a robust set of data-driven marketing, enrollment, retention and technology services.
We create value for our clients by expanding their reach and cultivating relationships with students to advance their lives and their careers. Higher education institutions — including Teachers College, Columbia University, DePaul and Purdue — partner with us for the level of service we provide and our commitment to serving the higher education sector.
Our focus on providing an excellent level of service to both our clients and their students is integrated into every level of our organization through our core values. These values represent not only our commitment to our clients, but to each other. They are a huge part of what has made us one of the best places to work in Chicago, according to both Crain’s Chicago Business and Built In Chicago.
Our values are:
We are tenacious. We set realistic goals for our clients and ourselves, and work diligently to beat them.
New ideas excite us. We support employees’ curiosity by empowering them to pursue new skills and opportunities.
Just Say It
We welcome candid, open, honest, and constructive feedback across every level of the organization. We advise our students and clients with sincerity and their best interests at heart.
We have a strict ‘hire nice people’ policy. We truly care about our colleagues, clients, and students. We celebrate our successes and help each other learn from our mistakes.
We’re obsessed with efficiency. We push ourselves to get more with less without sacrificing our professional standards. This drives innovation and, most importantly in higher ed, drives down costs making education more accessible to all.
We problem solve with enthusiasm and camaraderie in the face of challenges. We believe that if anyone can figure it out, it’s us. We are flexible and resilient. We willingly adapt, and we bounce back from adversity with ease.
The Senior Marketing Content Writer is a versatile marketing professional who excels in dynamic environments and constantly challenges themselves to elevate the quality of their work. This person is equally able to develop short, impactful banner ad copy and 2,000-word blog articles while adapting to different writing styles and tones. They’ve cultivated a curious mindset and are exceptional independent researchers who can transform complex information as well as feedback from multiple stakeholders into compelling copy.
In addition to developing collateral for a diverse range of clients and degree programs, this role works closely with managers across the company to develop effective marketing communications strategies spanning email, organic search, paid search and social media. They are proactive in identifying new opportunities or new approaches to developing content.
The Senior Marketing Content Writer also works cross-departmentally in support of the All Campus’ own marketing and sales initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write and edit a broad range of marketing communications for existing and new university clients and All Campus, including website content, emails, career guides, SEO articles, banner ads, PR initiatives, social media posts, and fliers.
- Brainstorm ideas for article topics, messaging opportunities and marketing strategies.
- Edit specific client deliverables and a range of All Campus internal documents.
- Assist SEO team and marketing managers with keyword and messaging research as needed
- Work with managers across the company to develop effective content strategies
- Provide select quality assurance assistance (as dictated by the Marketing Content Manager or EVP of Marketing) for junior writers, including proofreading and checking sources/references
- Collaborate with client services and design teams to complete assignments effectively, efficiently and on deadline
- Interview faculty members and other client subject matter experts
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE an equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, marketing communications/advertising, or a related field
- At least seven years of professional writing experience
- An outstanding portfolio that demonstrates proficiency developing a variety of written content types, such as press releases, SEO blog articles, emails, social media posts, website pages, brochure copy and other marketing collateral
- Ability to seamlessly shift between different brand voices and styles to capture the unique voice of each client
- Demonstrated research and interviewing skills and ability to apply research findings to adjust content messaging
- Ability to quickly absorb knowledge about client degree programs and associated disciplines and develop creative and effective communication strategies and messaging
- Ability to manage multiple projects with varying long-term and short-term deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and co-workers at all levels
COMPUTER SKILLS/EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM THE JOB which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- General office equipment (computer, printer, fax, copy machine).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google products and email.
- Understanding and experience with HTML or CSS is a plus.