Senior Marketing Manager
Morningstar’s mission is to create great products that help investors achieve their financial goals. For the Workplace group, that means creating products and solutions that help individuals achieve better retirement outcomes and for employers to maximize the value of their workplace retirement plans. Workplace is a high growth area for Morningstar and houses a diverse suite of technology and investment-based solutions. Our unique client base comprises retirement plan providers, sponsors, consultants, and retirement plan advisors. By constantly evolving our solutions and solving our client's problems, we are well-positioned to help individuals achieve a better retirement. The workplace marketing team is critical to achieving this mission and bringing this mission to life.
In this role you’ll be responsible for overseeing Workplace’s product, content, and digital marketing strategies. The role involves working with sales, research, product and business teams to drive greater awareness of our product suite, help differentiate our products, find new ways to reach buyers and users of our products, develop product launch strategies, deploy impactful go-to-market campaigns, and find ways to market our robust thought-leadership initiatives. This role will report to the head of Workplace marketing.
• Establish consistent product messaging for use in sales enablement and client-facing assets
• Develop multi-channel content strategy for our IP-driven data & research to drive growth
• Help build out and support our new retirement plan advisor distribution strategy
• Develop efficiencies in how we support business and sales
• Streamline and prioritize marketing requests based on business’ goals and strategies
• Oversee agile framework for marketing department deliverables
• Work with copywriter to develop a range of materials, from blog posts to sales collateral
• Work with the team to support and modernize digital marketing programs and evaluate site architecture to drive measurable lead generation
• Partner with other marketing teams at Morningstar to accomplish and align strategy with the company’s overall mission and vision
• Provide guidance and mentorship to newer members of the marketing team
• 8+ years of relevant product marketing or product management experience
• Strong project management skills
• Experience in financial services and B2B marketing
• Technology and retirement industry experience a plus
• Fluent in modern digital and live marketing experience
• Experience with marketing tools such as Eloqua, Google Analytics, Tableau, and CMS tools (such as Adobe Experience Manager)
• Experience with project management software (JIRA), enterprise webinar platforms, and CRM tools (Salesforce) a plus
• Self-starter with proven ability to navigate ambiguity, move multiple projects forward, and succeed in a matrixed environment
• Experience in media relationships and planning a plus
• Track record of successful product launches, integrated marketing campaigns, and measurable lead gen.
• Excellent people skills to interact/persuade/lead across marketing org and with cross-functional teams
• Bachelor’s degree required
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
002_MIMLLC Morningstar Investment Management LLC Legal Entity