Senior Product Marketing Manager, Data & Research at Morningstar
Morningstar is committed to providing independent investment research and great products that help investors reach their financial goals. It is a serious responsibility to represent the investor’s best interests at all times. One way we achieve this is by providing investors and those that support them the data, research, and applications they need to live up to this expectation.
We are looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager to help shape and execute the marketing of our IP-driven Data & Research assets that drive the differentiation and success of Morningstar’s business. In this role, you will launch new products, drive measurable/qualified lead gen, develop go-to-market strategies, deploy integrated marketing campaigns, and craft compelling value props/positioning/messaging. You will work across multiple audience segments and Morningstar solutions. Successful candidates will thrive on building cross-functional relationships and interlocks. This role reports to the head of marketing for Data, Research, and Indexes.
Launch new product solutions globally: Lead a Pragmatic Marketing approach throughout the buyer’s journey. Partner across Product, Sales, and Marketing to differentiate new Data & Research capabilities, develop launch strategies, deploy impactful go-to-market campaigns, and drive measurable business growth.
Establish and deploy modern digital marketing programs to drive measurable lead gen: Coordinate and execute across a variety of integrated channels (ie: inbound/content marketing, blog, webinars, email, search, social, media, events, etc.) to drive qualified leads. Quantify marketing goals, then utilize tools such as Tableau, Eloqua, and Salesforce to track, measure, report, and analyze marketing efficacy in driving sales pipeline.
Deliver effective sales and support enablement: Thoughtfully partner across sales, support, product, and marketing to create compelling enablement materials (ie: Pitch Decks, Play Books, etc.) that advance prospect progress through the sales funnel and enhance client retention/expansion.
Promote our IP-driven Data & Research to drive growth: Combine internal Data & Research knowledge with competitive external marketplace nous to elevate marketing programs, develop deep subject matter expertise, and advance the business. Ensure positioning and messaging are consistent with the Morningstar mission.
Interlocks: Partner with product management, sales, and across the marketing organization to accomplish goals.
* 8+ years of relevant product marketing or product management experience
* Experience with Pragmatic Marketing and Buyer’s Journeys.
* Technology, financial services, and/or B2B marketing experience a plus.
* Modern digital marketing experience (ie: inbound/content marketing, marketing/sales automation, reporting tools/dashboards).
* Experience with tools such as Agile, Tableau, Eloqua, Salesforce, Google Analytics, Adobe Experience Manager, On24, Jira, and wikis.
* Self-starter with proven ability to navigate ambiguity, move multiple projects forward, and succeed in a matrixed environment.
* Track record of successful product launches, integrated marketing campaigns, and measurable lead gen.
* Excellent people skills to interact/persuade/lead across marketing org and with cross-functional teams
* Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or another relevant advanced degree/accreditation preferred.