ActiveCampaign’s category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform helps over 130,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful orchestration, segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign’s customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in both Marketing Automation and CRM All-In-One on G2.com.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 130,000 today to millions.
Ecommerce companies are already one of ActiveCampaign’s largest segments of customers globally. This role is entirely focused on marketing ActiveCampaign to ecommerce companies, in order to attract, empower and retain our ecommerce customers. In this role, you will be the first Industry Marketing Manager, establishing the Industry Marketing discipline within the Product Marketing team. You will be the ecommerce industry expert in the Marketing organization, bringing ecommerce market insights to the team and driving ecommerce-focused content and marketing programs.
What your day could consist of:
- Craft ecommerce positioning, lead ecommerce marketing programs, and author ecommerce thought leadership content, to describe the ways that ActiveCampaign is the platform for shaping the ecommerce customer experience
- Collaborate with our ecommerce partners such as Shopify, Magento and BigCommerce, and other key partners such as Stripe and PayPal, to optimize our presence in their marketplaces, to drive co-marketing, and to teach our customers about the value of these ecommerce integrations
- Lead ecommerce market research to understand the needs of ecommerce companies and to bring those insights to the ActiveCampaign organization
- Work closely with ecommerce-focused stakeholders in the Product and Partnerships teams, and bring industry insights to inform our ecommerce product strategy decisions
- Co-create and co-deliver enablement materials and training content for Sales and Customer Success teams, helping them to speak intelligently and effectively with ecommerce companies
- Be an active participant in the ecommerce industry, attending and speaking at key industry events, monitoring and participating in industry groups, etc.
- Engage with leaders and influencers in ecommerce, leveraging their voice as part of our ActiveCampaign marketing and messaging
- Be a creative thinker who actively shapes the ways ActiveCampaign differentiates our product offerings in a crowded and complex ecosystem
What is needed:
- 6+ years of experience in SaaS marketing experience, with 4+ years of experience in industry marketing and/or product marketing positions
- Prior experience working directly for ecommerce companies a plus
- Deep knowledge of the ecommerce industry, especially the parts of the ecommerce industry focused on small and mid-market businesses, and the software platforms like Shopify and BigCommerce that serve those businesses
- Understanding of the SaaS market and SMB B2B market — and the routes to market utilized to reach these customers
- Strong planning and organizational skills required, with experience working closely with cross-functional teams
- Deep experience writing external-facing marketing copy for use in websites, collateral, and other channels
- Ability to work strategically as a proactive self-starter with independent decision making, as well as ensuring operational delivery and having a “hands on” approach when necessary
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, parental leave, career pathing and lots of swag.
Check out more information on our benefits & perks here.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.