Senior Product Marketing Manager for Reporting Solutions at Morningstar
About the Company
Morningstar’s mission is to empower investor success. The software team does this by creating products that help financial professionals and the investors they serve, achieve financial goals. The Morningstar Direct and Reporting business is one of the largest software units, with a large pre-existing user group – still prime for market and wallet share growth globally. For the Direct and Reporting solutions business, this means creating tools that help financial professionals be more efficient, innovative, and connect with their clients in a more meaningful way. We are seeking a strategic, collaborative, positive, and curious senior product marketer to lead our Reporting products which enable marketing and distribution teams at financial firms.
The role will report to the Director of Product Marketing and will need to be comfortable working with several key stakeholders in product management, sales, and success.
- Create and execute the Reporting Solutions product marketing strategy in partnership with our marketing, product management, sales and support teams across all relevant segments and audiences.
- Measure, analyze, and report on the success of marketing programs periodically as required with key stakeholders to identify opportunities to continuously improve our outcomes relative to our goals.
- Own the creation and maintenance of foundational marketing content including, but not limited to, message maps, value propositions, market sizing, segmentation, competitive intelligence, buyer/user personas, buyer’s journey experiences and sales enablement materials. Find ways to integrate into customer touchpoints in the business.
- Lead the go-to-market process, set and measure progress against key metrics, including internal and external communication strategy around ongoing product updates and major releases.
- Use a data-driven approach to the development and measurement of marketing campaigns focused on driving retention, wallet and market share growth for the business.
- Develop and refine sales enablement and client-facing assets to clearly outline the value proposition and benefits of Morningstar’s offerings to potential clients
- Support demand generation and content marketing campaigns with expertly crafted persona-specific content
- Coordinate cross-functionally and communicate via webinars, events, and marketing campaigns to both internal and external audiences, use SEO best practices as you develop assets for the web
- Interact with clients in the development of case studies and other materials to support integrated campaigns for our products
- Interact with marketing leads to develop and manage marketing budget
- Responsible for working with customers in the region for various research and advocacy projects
- Perform other duties as necessary from time to time
- Minimum of 5 years in a product marketing or management capacity
- Financial industry experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
Nice to have
- What you need to enjoy and be good at for this role:
- Must be a strong writer and communicator that brings the voice of the customer front and center to all marketing deliverables
- A team player’s attitude with a high threshold for quality.
- Empathy and the maturity to own and learn from challenges.
- We believe in a testing, learning, and iterating based on our findings – so bring your curiosity!
- Comfort with using data to make decisions, strong business acumen, and focus on metrics that drive revenue, not vanity.
- A self-starter with a passion for “doing the impossible”