Senior Product Marketing Manager at G2 (Remote)
About G2 - The Company
G2 is where you go for software. When you join us, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 5.5 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
G2 is going through exciting growth! We’ve recently secured our Series D funding of $157 million, which will further allow us to grow and develop our product and people. Read about it here!
About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We have big goals, and are grounded in our PEAK values—high performance and entrepreneurship, while also being authentic and kind. Employees are led by conscious leaders who are connected by shared commitments and 7 core leadership principles. We celebrate each other's successes, forgive mistakes, and support one another during challenging times. Together, we will grow and reach the top, while staying true to our values, ethics, and people.
As we foster our high-performance and entrepreneurial culture, we strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
We support our employees by offering generous benefits, such as flexible work, ample parental leave, and unlimited PTO. Click here to learn more about our benefits.
G2 is excited to offer a remote work environment for our employees, unless otherwise stated in the job description. If you are interested and eligible to partake in a hybrid office plan, please ask your recruiter for more information.
About The Role
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for working cross-functionally with multiple internal stakeholders to build and deliver product launch campaigns and define the marketing strategy for critical initiatives at the company, including new business products.
We’re looking for candidates who are energized by unchartered territories, thinking of the bigger picture, and implementing creative ways to bring the products to life. This role requires critical thinking and pioneering new approaches to build the product positioning, competitive and market intelligence, and go-to-market strategy. This candidate enjoys working closely with both product and sales, crafting foundational and differentiated messaging, and using a data-driven approach to make business decisions. We are looking for someone who can embody the voice of the customer and inspire others to execute coordinated plans.
This is a highly cross-functional role requiring close partnership between product, marketing, sales, and customer success teams and will collaborate with partners globally.
- Drive full funnel marketing strategies for assigned G2 products, including product launches, demand generation campaigns, and upsell playbooks
- Partner with our product teams to inform what we build, who we build for, and how we meet their market requirements
- Create marketing and enablement materials, including but not limited to decks, messaging houses, sales materials, website and campaign messaging
- Develop narratives for product roadmap and critical business areas
- Measure, track, and report on key success metrics to ensure alignment to product and business goals
- Define, own and drive key initiatives with minimal direction
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for a candidates who:
- Have 5+ years of experience working in product marketing at fast-growing SaaS or marketplace companies, and has launched net new products to new personas
- Can translate complex products into compelling, differentiated narratives
- Acts entrepreneurially and can take ownership of their assigned product areas, developing GTM strategies that straddle product marketing and demand generation
- Loves to get into the details and understand the current challenges
- Generates a lot of ideas and is comfortable with flexibility
- Influence others and works well cross-functionally with a diverse group of stakeholders and senior leaders
What can help your application stand out:
- You have worked for a company that sells a data product, so you understand the unlimited potential of raw data, but also know how to translate that value for less technical audiences.
- You have knowledge about how VCs/PEs operate
- You are a strong writer
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here.