Upwork ($UPWK) is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.7 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager, you’ll be in a lead role of a small but mighty team with access to key leaders and areas of the business. You’ll work with partners across the organization to develop and launch new product features and initiatives and ensure we deliver a consistent, customer-centered experience. We’re looking for a strategic customer advocate who thinks deeply about how to improve customer experiences and enjoys working with diverse partners to execute complex projects. If you are hungry to define and own product marketing strategy for key initiatives and products in a cross-functional, high-impact role, then this job is for you.
- Drive customer analysis and research to gain expertise and insights that can be used to influence product decisions and represent the voice of the customer internally
- Define and run comprehensive go-to-market strategy and planning including positioning, communication of value proposition and launch strategy
- Develop impactful messaging and communications through research and qualitative feedback
- Work with colleagues across product, design, customer support, community, operations, and marketing to drive consistent user experience and communication
- Engage with the sales team to ensure they are informed and equipped to deliver consistent messaging and products to the right customer
- Lead and influence others to make customer-centered, data-backed decisions
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 6+ years of substantial cross-functional, customer-centric experience in product marketing, business strategy, or general management
- Proven success at collaborating with and influencing cross-functional partners
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills (a writing sample is required)
How to really knock our socks off:
- Background working with marketplaces or experience in talent industry
- Ability to handle large and complex projects where you get everything from the big picture to the details right
- Experience conducting user research, including qualitative interviews and developing and fielding quantitative surveys
- Strategist who is comfortable with problem framing and implementing strategic business recommendations
- Upbeat, can-do attitude to take on whatever challenge is thrown your way
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.