ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
We are seeking a Senior Technical Product Marketing Manager to drive technical marketing content strategy that will help our prospects and customers understand what is possible with ServiceNow’s IT Operations Management solutions. This role will be more technical than marketing, so a strong background in IT Datacenter technologies, DevOps, and enterprise architecture initiatives for service modeling, discovery, event management/AIOps, cloud automation, and orchestration on the ServiceNow platform is required. We need someone that is an action-oriented leader who can build unique and compelling highly technical content to help us execute ServiceNow’s vision for our IT Operations Management solutions. You must be able to thrive as an individual contributor as well as lead other marketing, product and technical professionals to promote and integrate the value of IT Operations Management solutions across the entire ServiceNow portfolio.
What you get to do in this role:
· Help build a world-class technical product marketing function by delivering technical marketing content for ServiceNow’s IT Operations Management solutions
· Create and contribute to sales campaigns focused on IT Operations leveraging hands-on IT Datacenter technologies, DevOps, and enterprise architecture initiatives with ServiceNow applications that focus on discovery, service modeling, event management, AIOps, and Observability
· Supporting Marketing events – user conferences, trade shows, webinars, etc.
· Define and execute technical product marketing deliverables including but not limited to technical marketing collateral, videos, demos, sales enablement trainings, presentations and sales tools
· Develop cool and compelling killer content, including short videos, blogs, field enablement programs, all aligned to the core value proposition and messaging for ServiceNow’s IT Operations management solution offerings
· Lead technical product marketing programs and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan such that sales teams, field marketing and partner organizations are properly informed about all technical and thought leadership content
· Partner with product management, product line sales, solution consulting, and product marketing to achieve a shared understanding of ServiceNow’s IT Workflow markets and desired product direction for ServiceNow
· Present technical marketing content to internal and external audiences, including ServiceNow’s Knowledge Conference and industry tradeshows
· Engage customers, partners and analysts in online communities and social media, leveraging your technical marketing and thought leadership contentQualifications
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
· 12+ years of experience in technical product marketing, sales engineering, product management, solution consulting or solution architecture delivering complex software solutions to market.
· 12+ years of technical marketing, pre-sales solution consulting or sales engineering experience
· Experience with enterprise architecture domains
· Experience and very strong hands-on capabilities with AMZN API, VMware automation, Puppet/Chef/Ansible, integration & automation expertise with orchestration.
· Experience with discovery technologies (ADDM, TADDM, DDMA/UD, etc.)
· Experience with service modeling techniques (TPL, TQL, etc.)
· Experience with event management, AIOps, and Observability platforms (Moogsoft, Dynatrace, Datadog, Splunk, etc).
· Deep knowledge of service-oriented and distributed application architecture in the enterprise (web services, data access, and persistence, client/server, etc)
· Experience with Cloud Management Platforms such as AWS, Azure, VMware, etc..
· Solid IT Ops experience in storage, network, and compute of enterprise environments
· Experience in installing and configuring middleware applications (Oracle, WebSphere, etc.)
· Experience with ITIL/CMDB implementations (CCMDB, UCMDB, etc.)
· Exhibits prior and current technical expertise in web technology and the ability to learn new technology.
· Technical or practice team lead in previous roles
· Exceptional communication and presentation skills to include technical and business concepts.
· Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies such as Camtasia, ScreenFlow or DemoEasel
· Very strong written and oral communication skills, excellent storyteller and narrative creator
· Exceptional people skills to interact with executives, colleagues, cross-functional teams, partners, and customers
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Bachelor’s degree
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.