Senior Vice President, Marketing at Kin Insurance
Kin Insurance is on a mission to change home insurance from what it could be to what it should be. We’re proud to offer affordable insurance coverage in areas most impacted by climate change, like Florida, California and Louisiana, that pay more for insurance than anywhere else in America.
We are also proud to be recognized as Built In’s 2021 Best Midsize Companies to Work For in Chicago and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in America. We are growing super fast, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to help lead the way.So, what’s the role?
Kin is growing extremely fast (300+% YoY), currently spending ~$1M/mo in direct customer acquisition costs and expect to exit the year at $3M+/mo. Our marketing function is under-developed and we are looking for a leader to build marketing into one of the core strategic drivers of the business.A day in the life could include:
- Build a world-class direct-to-consumer Marketing function at Kin with the long term goal of making Kin a household name.
- Exceptional performance marketing that delivers best-in-industry acquisition costs
- Strategic marketing that effectively segments our consumers & marketing strategies as we enter new markets and products
- Owning customer lifecycle messaging and retention strategies
- Building business development function and find / build strategic partnerships
- Establishing and developing the Kin Brand
- Create a go-to-market strategy for new geographies/products
- Collaborate across org (Sales/Ops/Product/UX) to drive Marketing success
- Team is currently three individuals, you'll have flexibility & budget to design & hire your team
- Have owned (and ideally built) online direct to consumer marketing function
- Track record of building/mentoring high performance teams
- Experience working with Product/Engineering teams to improve customer experience/journey
- High level of fluency/experience in all consumer marketing channels, particularly online channels, but also direct mail/offline marketing
- Extremely fluent in using data / analytics to drive marketing / strategic decisions
- 10+ yrs experience leading marketing/sales/business development for high growth online businesses
- Also great (but not necessary) if you have:
- Experience in fintech/insurtech/regulated industries
- Early/mid stage venture-backed startup experience
- High Level Business Development / Partnership development experience
- PR & Content generation/management experience
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (including 100% employer-paid plans)
- Remote Work (due to Covid-19) and flexible work hours
- Flexible PTO policy
- Very generous equity options and 401K
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Onsite gym membership - when we return to the office (Chicago office only)
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.EEOC Statement
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.