Social Media & Community Specialist at SteelSeries
Social Media & Community Specialist
KontrolFreek, subsidiary of SteelSeries, is an innovative, high-growth Performance Gaming Gear™ company that gives video gamers of all levels a competitive edge. Incorporating the latest in ergonomics and advanced materials, the company’s Xbox, PlayStation and Nintendo Switch accessories are trusted by professional gamers and acclaimed by critics and consumers alike.
KontrolFreek is looking for a Social Media & Community Specialist to lead the strategy and execution of our social media plans. The Social Media & Community Specialist is a creative storyteller, strategic thinker, and skilled communicator who has a proven track record managing and growing social channels. A deep understanding of social voice, tone, style, and creative is essential. This role requires understanding of publishing tools, analytics tools, and native social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Spotify, etc). An in-depth knowledge of video games and the ability to authentically speak to that audience is preferred. You must be able to demonstrate a clear ability to develop tactics and campaigns that drive the business goals; audience growth, engagement, acquisition, reach, maintenance, churn mitigation and more. This role reports directly to the Sr. Manager, Marketing Communications.
- Conceive, implement and measure social marketing campaigns on a daily basis across all relevant channels.
- Work with internal teams, including Brand and Customer Service, to plana and execute exclusive social content and manage comments
- Set KPIs, report on campaigns, product launches and partner activations and augment based on analysis to ensure the most effective approach
- Ideate, create, and schedule daily content across all relevant channels
- Build and maintain monthly content calendars for all of KontrolFreek’s organic social channels and organize social content in shared drive
- Lead point for photoshoots and video shoots, driving content specifically for social campaigns
- Lead all communication with international marketing leads on priorities, post approvals, and best practices
- Launch, grow and manage channels where relevant ensuring milestones are set.
- Execute social media publishing strategies ensuring that all posts are accurate, punctual, safe and on brand
- Work on strategic cross-promotion opportunities with external partners to build awareness and engagement
- Fulfill social giveaway prizing
- 3-5 years of social media marketing campaign management, publishing, editorial, content creation and distribution required (brand or agency).
- Passion, energy, and enthusiasm for social media. Detailed knowledge and expertise around all social platforms. Significant contacts at all major platforms.
- The candidate is knowledgeable about gaming, entertainment and pop culture.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and planning skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Expert in developing social marketing strategies that are native to individual channels and demonstrate tangible ROI.
- Expert understanding of how brands should participate in social media in an authentic way.
- The candidate is at the cutting edge of the cultural zeitgeist; understanding internet, social and meme culture and how to credibly and sensitively work within it whilst maintaining brand safety.
- Ability to successfully organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects under strict deadlines.
- A passion for working in a fast-paced environment with high level of teamwork.
- Deep ability to collect, analyze and use social data to affect change.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Premier platforms a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required