Social Media Manager at Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
Headquartered in Chicago, we also serve Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston, Seattle, San Francisco, and Nationwide.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.We're looking for a Social Media Manager
We are looking for a Social Media Manager to join our team and play a pivotal role in the social media strategy for Built In. You will manage Built In’s social media platforms, from ideation through execution, reporting on results and impact. You will own testing and measuring of all our social initiatives, optimizing for what drives engagement, conversions and audience growth across the various Built In social platforms. You will collaborate primarily with our content teams and be the social media expert for the company.As a Social Media Manager, you will:
- Ideate, plan, schedule and publish the day-to-day postings across all Built In social platforms (e.g. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn etc), owning performance and impact on audience growth
- Partner with content and marketing teams to create promotion plans for all social media aspects of Built In initiatives, campaigns and content
- Analyze and present social media insights to Content and marketing teams to inform content strategy and determine social media best practices
- Test and optimize content on our social media platforms to drive audience and engagement growth
- Pitch engaging and shareable content ideas to our content and marketing team on a regular basis as
- Research and keep up-to-date on social media trends, tactics and social initiatives of our competitors
- Explore new and emerging social media platforms/opportunities and evaluate which Built In should invest time and effort into
- Experience growing and managing large organic followings
- 4+ years of experience working in-house on a social media related position at a eCommerce, media, or related company
- Knowledge of social media analytics, tracking and publishing/analytic tools
- A self-starter with a hands-on approach who can prioritize effectively and juggle multiple projects with ease while meeting deadlines
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.