Social Media Specialist at Alliant Credit Union
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for developing and implementing social media strategies to drive consumer engagement and brand awareness, with direction from the Senior Manager, Brand Communications. The incumbent will be the social media expert for the organization, providing editorial direction for social media platforms and delivering content to engage target audiences to drive brand awareness.
Do you see yourself doing this?
Social Media Strategy & Implementation
- Execute and drive an organic social media strategy, audience growth plan, content calendar, influencer program and measurement framework across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest
- Write compelling, on-brand, engaging content that inspires and evokes action in consumers
- Serve as a crucial external voice of the Alliant brand, highlighting the credit union as a savvy, selfless and socially responsible organization
- Coordinate with internal marketing team members to plan and support campaigns, providing consistency in voice and cultivating an engaged social community
- Report various social media metrics using a variety of digital analytics and media tracking tools
- Review insights from data and conduct competitive analysis to optimize content and campaigns
- Build content calendars and schedule publishing of content
- Collaborate with leaders to identify opportunities to advance our messaging and content
- Lead creative development for social channels, partnering with internal creatives to produce engaging and relevant content
- Monitor marketing-related social media comments and engagement, occasionally outside of regular working hours. (This role does not include member account servicing, but will work with the digital care team, as needed.)
- Create other marketing content (blog articles, web copy, etc.) on an as-needed basis
Adhere to and ensure compliance of all business transactions with policy and process of the Bank Secrecy Act. Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies. Maintain integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; comply with Privacy Act directives.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants to this position must either have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered (proof of vaccination is required), or be willing to submit a negative COVID-19 test result in advance of each visit to an Alliant facility.
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, marketing, journalism or related field, or equivalent experience, required, and you have:
- 2+ years of marketing communication, public relations, social media and/or digital marketing experience or blogging/online journalism, required
- Exceptional, proven writing skills
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of individual social media channels and how they can be leveraged in different scenarios
- Financial services knowledge and experience preferred
- Must be proactive, have the ability to work independently, and take the initiative to stay abreast of social media trends, tools, and best practices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator or other graphics editing software preferred
- Experience with social media monitoring and management tools required; knowledge of Sprinklr preferred
- General interest and daily use of existing and new web technologies is a must
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off