Social Media Specialist
About Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois has been awarded the contract as the new private manager of the Illinois Lottery. The company is restoring transparency, integrity, and responsibility to the Illinois Lottery. In partnership with the state, Camelot will operate a modern lottery that truly benefits the people of Illinois. The company’s innovative approach places consumers and social responsibility at its core, providing funding for schools, capital projects, and special causes. Camelot is committed to building an organization with the strength and experience to grow the lottery and reinforce its rightful position as a force for good.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Lottery Solutions, a leading technology, and professional services provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Lottery Solution’s portfolio of work includes the Irish National Lottery, Loterie Romande (Switzerland), the California State Lottery, the Kentucky Lottery, and the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery, among others.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team:
The Digital team is responsible for managing the Illinois Lottery Brand, Marketing and Games presence online and delivering sales growth and engagement through web, mobile and social channels.
The Social Media Specialist will be involved in planning and implementing social media content plans and digital strategies across a number of accounts owned by the Illinois State Lottery. As Social Media Specialist you will design, implement and evolve our social media strategy. You’ll engage existing followers and attract new ones, take an active role in shaping our messaging, and be an advocate for our social followers internally.
- Build our presence on social networking sites including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and other similar community sites, and seeding content into social applications as needed.
- Creating a continuous stream of rich and engaging content to attract, convert and retain our customers. Text, pictures, memes, videos, infographics and more.
- Experience using social analytics to inform strategic approach with working knowledge of a range of tools; this is essential for the role.
- Responsible for day-to-day community management of the Lottery’s social channels including pro-active, reactive content as well as scheduling of posts to ensure content is distributed in the optimum ways.
- Delivering against content calendars that will have been created for our social channels. Creating that rich editorial that ties in with the latest updates, and support for any other campaigns that we are running.
- Using your insight to spot trends in the social space and utilizing these to the Lottery’s advantage to amplify our message.
- Involvement in developing social strategies around key campaigns, sale promotions, competitions, and more.
- Brainstorming and developing social content ideas to engage customers.
- Using these strategies to identify key KPIs and metrics to hit targets every time.
- Responsible for the on-going analysis and reporting of social media and content work.
- Work closely with our team of designers to ensure content looks snazzy and that you have professional looking assets to use on our social channels.
- Create rich and engaging video content from time to time to engage our audiences.
- Monitor channels outside of office hours to ensure any major issues are handled quickly.
- Work schedule flexibility. May need to be on-call some weekends to support marketing activities.
- 3 + years experience in social and/or editorial media.
- Experience briefing in, producing and writing social content across key networks; Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram.
- Experience driving new innovative social products (e.g. Facebook live) in a way they drives engagement, reach and brand.
- Must have experience working for brands that target social media active demographics.
- In-depth knowledge of how audiences consume content on social channels.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize your own work schedule and work to tight deadlines.
- Comprehensive social media/web knowledge and experience using social analytics tools.
- Motivated and willing to learn and develop in the role.
- Track record of creativity and innovation in the digital sphere working with brands with a focus on social media.
- Experience working in e-commerce.
- Strong self-starter with ability to manage own workload.
- Comfortable and efficient communicator.
- Efficient project management skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Proactive, creative and responsive mind.
- Team working spirit.
WHY WORK FOR US
Camelot Illinois is building a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology and operations. The Camelot values of being honest, creating together, keeping it simple and thinking long term are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
We want people who thrive in a relaxed, autonomous, results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling career in an organization committed to growing its own future leaders. Career Development is a top priority and we will partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.