Sr. Brand Strategist at One North
Writers, thinkers and tinkerers wanted.
One North is looking to add a Sr. Brand Strategist to our growing team. In this role, you will be on the front lines helping our clients clearly articulate, define and position client brands that resonate with stakeholders while striking fresh ground in the marketplace. Ideally, this candidate will have strong and demonstrated writing chops (headlines, taglines and catchy copy, both short- and long-form) and storytelling skills.
As part of our Experience Design team, you’ll be at the epicenter of every project and connected all of the way through from concept to site or campaign deployment, making adjustments as we make our way forward. We’re looking for detail-oriented creatives and writers who love research and can turn insights into concepts – and turn concepts into solid platforms.
As a Sr. Brand Strategist, you'll:
- Create deep relationships with our clients in order to maintain alignment to the brand voice and character.
- Establish a consultative relationship with clients, understanding their needs and making sure everyone is on the same page moving forward with projects.
- Help clients define the core building blocks of their brand, including purpose, positioning, persona and brand essence.
- Work with clients to crystalize digital marketing goals.
- Incorporate research and analytics into conceptually driven, creative ideas.
- Understand what drives key audiences.
- Help design and execute research that helps the team understand a client’s market, competitors, trends, character, reputation, etc.
- Extend client insights and brand platform into the digital brand strategy.
- Problem solve every day.
As part of the Experience Design Team, you'll:
- Contribute to the development of the Brand team through mentoring junior team members.
- Collaborate on brand-focused projects in addition to daily requirements of content creation.
- Must be able to synthesize quickly and deliver ideas and concepts in a clear, client-focused way.
- Contribute to One North internal marketing and brand efforts.
- Collaborate with both the Experience Design and Digital Strategy teams in order to produce compelling content that is grounded in the brand.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 5-9 years of experience in a brand development and client engagement role, preferably within an agency
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably related to marketing or writing/journalism
- An analytical mindset with strong business acumen
- Experience conducting a broad range of in-depth research and competitive market analysis
- The ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Previous experience with conducting brand assessments, stakeholder interviews and analysis of customer research
- B2B experience a major plus