Sr. Demand Planner at Pampered Chef
Purpose of this Role:
The SR. Demand Planner is responsible for developing and maintaining the forecasts for new and current products, as well as promotions for all Pampered Chef markets. The position is highly visible, collaborative, and highly impactful to the business. The individual will partner with Field, Product Management, Marketing, Analytics, and Finance to meet sales, inventory, and service level objectives. Decision making is data driven, analytical so technical skills are a must for continuous improvement initiatives. The value created will be improved forecast accuracy, improved inventory turns and improved fill rate.
- Maintains, analyzes and updates monthly item forecasts, including new products for all markets.
- Perform promotional analysis and develop promotional forecasts for all markets.
- Create analytical/statistical reports to support demand planning, such as forecasting exceptions and forecasting error.
- Provide analytical support with COGS planning.
- Subject matter expert in demand planning and forecasting meetings.
- Maintain product maintenance systems and provide technical support with process improvements and demand planning initiatives.
- Review Demantra parameters and tune forecasting engine to improve forecasting accuracy and eliminate forecasting bias.
- Participate in policy and process improvement projects to ensure synchronization of product demand and supply, and improve demand planning.
Competencies for Success:
- Manages Complexity
- Optimizes Work
- Manages Ambiguity
Measures of Success:
- Improved Forecast Accuracy
- Improved Inventory Turns
- Improved Fill Rate
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (Mathematics a plus) or equivalent work experience
- 3-6 years of professional experience in a similar role
- Demantra experience required