Sr Manager, Performance Marketing at Equilibria
About the company
Equilibria (“EQ”) is a high-growth, omni-channel premium CBD platform for women. We are dedicated to restoring balance to our community — physically and mentally — through our high-quality CBD products, personalized dosage support, and digital journey accompaniment. We are the ONLY CBD company with a dedicated team for 1-on-1 consults and education, and we are deeply mission-oriented. Thousands of women… and their sisters, mothers, grandmothers, and daughters … trust us to provide consistent, medical-grade products, month after month.
Corporate Headquarters: River North, Chicago; Bioscience + Farm Operations: Longmont, CO. This is a remote job if the candidate lives outside of Chicago; if they are local, post-pandemic (whenever that is! some day!) we anticipate being back in the office a few days a week.
[Click here to read more about our origin story]
As EQ diversifies its marketing channels - including substantial monthly investment in paid media and other programmatic acquisition channels - it is imperative that we welcome a conversion-obsessed, funnel-oriented marketer to our passionate team who will lead key Acquisition & Retention initiatives. This individual will report directly to our CEO, and will have an outsize impact on company unit economics as the organization scales. The Senior Manager of Performance Marketing should have 7+ years of experience leading high-growth digital marketing initiatives and will be able to demonstrate deep experience optimizing new customer acquisition and delivering return on ad spend. Leading candidates will be obsessed with data-driven decision making, with a flair for creativity and seeing marketing campaigns from inception to execution to analysis with cross-functional partners.
Acquisition Marketing Leadership Required:
- Prudently deploy paid media budget in excess of $2M/ year in collaboration with contractor and agency partners to maximize return on ad spend, acquiring high LTV customers for the least amount of spend
- Expertise optimizing performance marketing tactics across a range of channels including SEM, SEO, display, social, radio, direct mail, and more.
- Partner with Content Marketing & Product/Engineering leaders to design ad creative & landing page strategies to maximize MyEQ.com conversion across all ad campaigns
- Analyze funnel conversion across all channels to improve efficiency at every step of the MyEQ.com acquisition funnel; Collaborate closely with Product Marketing partners to effect swift UX changes designed to improve conversion
- Design targeted promotional and merchandising email marketing campaigns - in collaboration with Content Marketing partners - to nurture email audience into new, profitable customers
Retention Marketing Leadership Required:
- Work directly with CEO and other Growth leaders throughout the company to drive adoption of Equilibria’s subscription offering and maximize purchase frequency for non-subscription members through smart programmatic marketing (email, re-targeting, direct mail)
- Analyze assortment and merchandising offerings to drive incremental sales & upsell opportunities among engaged members; collaborate closely with Product & Operations team members to implement improvements
- Work with Product Marketing to ensure email and life cycle (SMS, survey, etc) communications are delivering the right educational content and promotional offers at the right time.
- 7+ years of digital marketing experience across various disciplines including leadership roles in:
- Paid media (social, display, retargeting)
- Email marketing
- Merchandising and promotions
- E-Commerce experience a must; Subscription experience a plus
- Data-obsession and Google Analytics prowess required, other conversion tracking tools a plus
- At-scale media budget/ P&L accountability required
- Cognizant of - and ideally experience with - evolving CBD and hemp advertising protocol
We are growing our team with proven, passionate, positive leaders and look forward to hearing from qualified candidates. Compensation and title will be commensurate with experience. Equilibria will contribute toward medical insurance, for which we offer multiple options of coverage and premium. We also give every employee a monthly CBD allowance, along with other perks.
Equilibria strives for a diverse workplace. Candidates are evaluated without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.