Sr Paid Search Specialist (Remote Optional) at Basis Technologies (Chicago, IL)
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:15 a.m. (CST) on Saturday, December 4, 2021
WHO WE ARE
Basis Technologies delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Basis Technologies is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Please note, we are hiring on a remote working basis only in the U.S. and Canada.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Basis technologies national Paid Search team leverages Basis to help plan, execute, streamline, and analyze strategic, paid search media campaigns for agencies and brands. Always positive and eager to try new tools and tactics, their passion lies in finding unique and creative ways to problem-solve for clients. Internal collaboration and communication are critical, as they work closely with the Sales, Services, AdOps and Analytics teams. These Centrons are committed to thinking outside the box, supporting each other, and pushing themselves to be the best.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
This position drives client development, paid search process improvement, and SEM industry knowledge for the assigned region. This includes day-to-day operations, client deliverables, relationship management, issue resolution, and the retention of select key accounts. As the Senior Paid Search Specialist, you will play an active role in delivering innovative and strategic PPC strategies worthy of Raving Fan service. You will also contribute by:
- Managing day-to-day analysis and execution of paid search campaigns, in addition to identifying opportunities to improve paid search revenue potential (accounting for about 60% of work time)
- Collaborating with internal teams on strategy including Sales, Client & Media Services, Digital Innovations and RTB
- Managing the region’s largest search business
- Attending regularly and contributing thought leadership to client meetings, overseeing the growth of assigned clients
- Conducting reporting reviews and “storytelling” via data analysis
- Communicating needs, KPIs, and expectations for driving campaign success
- Identifying internal process improvements to increase efficiency and scalability
- Developing relationships with engine and technology partners to act as an ambassador for the paid search team
- Testing beta opportunities and advanced targeting tactics for education of the larger regional team
- Partnering closely with Account Leads and Media Specialists to understand agency relationships and new business pipelines
- Aiding in creation of “smarter” digital media buys
- Speaking to implications of larger media plans and various digital partners as it relates to SEM strategy and performance. For example: baseline knowledge of SEO, role of display advertising, mobile technologies, and client owned tech integrations
- Contributing to troubleshooting analytics questions and third party integrations
- Aiding in solutions as the first escalation point to create workarounds and lasting relationships within the Client & Media Services organization (resolve customer concerns and issues).
- Communicating development opportunities for Specialists and Associates up to regional Supervisor/AD
- Demonstrating leadership effectively to junior team members and acting as a mentor when needed
- Developing whitepapers and proactively identifying case studies, as needed
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 3+ years experience with direct experience executing daily management paid search campaigns
- 2+ years experience in client facing role
- Working knowledge of bid management technology with Kenshoo preferred
- Mastered expertise in paid search optimization, analysis and advanced strategy including experience running beta tests, Google Shopping, Gmail Sponsored Promotions and RLSA
- Proven record of defining achievable paid search KPIs (CPA or ROI required)
- Ability to manage a heavier and more complicated workload
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Persuasive presentation skills
- Demonstrated confidence in setting expectations, probing for more, and understanding the “why” behind business implications
- Adaptability and flexibility with strong attention to detail
- Ability to not be overwhelmed managing multiple projects at once under tight turnaround times
- Can show examples of issue resolution, process improvements
- Proven ability to create and maintain relationships throughout the workplace, creating “raving fans” (both clients and internal teams)
- History of managing up as needed, having a strong voice to act as an escalation point on day-to-day needs
- Basic knowledge of Google Analytics and SEO best practices
- Agency experience
- Certification in Google AdWords
- Experience in Search Ads 360
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited college or university preferred
Annual Base Salary:
This position starts at $68,000
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH BASIS TECHNOLOGIES
We take care of our people and believe that our success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a flexible work environment and time off policy, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.