Technical CRM Marketing Manager at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
The Upwork CRM & Growth Marketing team is focused on developing innovative programs to drive growth of our customer base. As a CRM Data Manager, you will own the data segmentation and ETL processes across our marketing and analytics systems to exploit the potential of our platform. You’ll have numerous marketing, product and operational levers to work with and should be comfortable getting very deep in the weeds technically. This position reports to the Senior Growth Marketing Engineer and works closely with our internal marketing, creative, analytics and data science teams.
- Implement ETL processes for customer segmentation, targeting, and A/B test analyses. You need to be able to demonstrate skills in SQL and basic programming in at least one language such as Java, Python, C/C++
- Build highly personalized emails: you will work with a front-end developer, but must be familiar with basic HTML and CSS to collaborate and lead projects
- Tie it all together to build end to end CRM flows: start with ETL, build data pipelines upon identifying the right segmentation, and implement email personalization with your coding skills
- Automate data integration processes between 3rd party and internal systems
- Build tools, infrastructure, frameworks and services to automate currently manual tasks
- Work with the analyst to report on web and email metrics and make forecasts to identify highest impact opportunities. You need to be able to write SQL and set up A/B tests to accomplish this successfully
- Continuously run and evaluate results to iteratively increase growth
- Collaborate with creative, marketing and analytics teams to implement growth initiatives
- Identify and fix bugs, hold post-mortems to avoid them in the future
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Software development, ETL, and database skills - Experience with Python/Java, SQL, HTML/CSS, RESTful APIs, Linux environments
- Comfortable with data formats: CSV files, JSON, XML
How to really knock our socks off:
- Knowledge of various ETL techniques and frameworks
- Familiarity with basic statistics and experimental design
- Bias towards execution of programs to drive user growth and user engagement
- A can-do attitude
- Extremely organized, yet flexible working style
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. Whether you’re working from our offices in San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Chicago or are part of our globally distributed team, we’re working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. Our vibrant culture is built on a common mission and shared values. As we create economic opportunities so that people have better lives, our employees build amazing teams, put our community first and have a bias towards action. We encourage team Upwork to bring their whole selves to work through learning and development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. All that and amazing benefits too? We’ve got you covered (especially with our company favorite, Work Online Wednesdays). Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.