Tradeshow and Event Coordinator
Are you the planner in your group of friends, at work or at home? Are you able to research, initiate, execute and follow up on tasks with little supervision and effectively communicate your activities and results to others? If so, the Tradeshow Coordinator and Marketing Assistant position at VelocityEHS may be your place to shine! This position is ideal for an eager, detail-oriented planner who wants to be at the epicenter of an increasingly important, high-profile program within a growing company.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic and innovative. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow through. If you have these qualities and take pride in achieving your goals, while helping contribute to the success of your team and VelocityEHS as a whole, then this is the job for you. Check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Coordinate the activities surrounding each trade show and speaking event, assist with travel for event staff, and coordinate material shipments
- Collect all event-related expenses and prepare cost summary reports to management
- Coordinate the pre-show planning meetings, create post-show reports, and collect post-event metrics
- Assist with determining staffing needs
- Manage the event calendar, distribute as needed, including sending invites to speakers and exhibiting staff
- Develop variations of speaking proposal titles and descriptions to satisfy different application requirements and review and edit pre- and post-show email communications
- Provide administrative oversight of all event-obtained sales leads
- Perform inventory checks and maintain an accurate count of printed collateral, giveaway items, and display materials-- and order or pint more as needed
- Maintain and order, as needed, exhibit display systems and components
- Assist with researching and evaluating new exhibiting-, speaking and event-related marketing opportunities
- Assist with updating and renewing publication listings, memberships, and subscriptions
- Keep abreast of changes in the industry, with competitors and our own products; self-train and stay current. Gather information on competitors, prices, sales, and methods of marketing strategies
- Assist with internal events, such as company meetings, parties, etc.
- Assist with social media activities surrounding events
- Execute various other marketing-related projects on an as-needed basis
Minimum Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of experience coordinating tradeshows, events, or meetings – possibly up it to 3 years
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in an administrative capacity
- Proven experience working against, and meeting, deadlines
- Experience using Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel and Word) and additional project/event management tools
- Strong decision-making, critical thinking, multitasking, organizational and prioritization skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, as well as customer service and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, dependable and persistent
- Capable of working independently and within in a team
- Stress-tolerant, adaptable, cooperative and collaborative
- Capable to assist with packing, carrying, and transporting show materials
- Must be able to lift and carry 40+ pounds and work on your feet for substantial periods of time
- Availability, as needed, to respond to calls/emails outside of standard business hours
- Flexibility to travel 10% of the time, 30% during tradeshow season
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or closely related field
- Experience using Adobe products (Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator), Salesforce, Marketo, social media applications (e.g., blogs, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, generous PTO and more. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.