Vice President, Corporate Communications at Green Thumb Industries (GTI)
Enhance & Protect Green Thumb's Public Reputation (Media & Public Relations)
- Develop and maintain positive and professional relationships with local and national consumer and financial/business media.
- Serve as a key communications representative; when necessary, act as company spokesperson.
- Oversee and guide the day-to-day efforts, including proactive pitching, fulfillment of media requests, speaking engagements, appearances, and major news pieces around corporate strategy and thought leadership; as well as media list maintenance, coverage tracking, and media hosting.
- Oversee awards program to ensure the company and executives are nominated for prominent awards within and outside the cannabis industry.
- Proactively plan against and advise leadership during challenges and crises, while defining the company’s strategic direction and articulating an updated corporate narrative.
Establish Integrated Corporate Positioning (Corporate Communications Strategy)
- Lead the development and implementation of integrated strategic communications that reinforce the Company’s mission, values, and beliefs among its key stakeholders, broadens awareness of its priorities, and increases visibility of Green Thumb’s corporate programs across relevant internal and external audiences.
- Partner with Executives, Investor Relations, Brand and Retail marketing teams, and regional teams to ensure consistent and compelling communications messages and strategies are created and executed.
- Work in partnership with Executives to ensure that policy positions on key issues and initiatives impacting the company, including in the areas of public health and safety, social equity and community engagement and economic development as well as other topics are aligned to promote, protect and enhance the organization as a whole.
- Direct and manage communications agencies to ensure strategic partnership and all plans are executed on strategy, on time, and on budget.
- Manage and guide the work of the Senior Communications Specialist to ensure alignment of activities and individual growth and development.
- Apply data and insights to drive key objectives and measurement across engagements and continue to raise Green Thumb’s awareness and consideration in the industry.
Build Culture & Employee Engagement (Internal Communications)
- Promote Green Thumb as a great place to work and employer of choice through communications/content highlighting recognition and company culture, in partnership with the Chief People Officer and team.
- Lead the development and execution of multi-media content across employee communication channels that builds culture and increases employee satisfaction, engagement, and retention, including (1) GTI's intranet, "ShareJoint" (2) Develop and organize key employee and senior leadership meetings and events, including town halls, off sites, small group sessions and site visits.
- Operate as a publicist to the CEO and proactively lead targeted communications, including executive messages, talking points, strategic business updates, people-related communications, organization announcements, as well as other timely business messages.
- Responsible for ensuring cohesive internal branding and messaging.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s preferred. Degree in Communications or related field preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in corporate, executive and crisis communications, media relations; experience in internal/in-house communications a mandatory; public company / earnings experience preferred.
- Experience as an on-the-record spokesperson for a CEO or elected officer; ability to build relationships and interact successfully at all levels of the company.
- Experience with a variety of communications channels, including social media.
- Critical thinker with superb writing, editing, strategic planning, execution and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness.
- Possesses a sense of urgency and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment.
- Adaptive problem solver who effectively navigates change and ambiguity; decides and acts without having the picture totally defined; appropriately changes strategy in response to new information.
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Passion for further understanding and growing knowledge of the cannabis industry and its laws, rules and regulations.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry