Vice President of Marketing
Digital ads drive over 100 billion phone calls to U.S. businesses every year… Surprisingly, the marketers who paid for those ads typically have zero insight into these customer interactions and conversions. As the market leader in call analytics and customer experience optimization, DialogTech provides data-driven marketers with an end-to-end call attribution and analytics platform. This enterprise-class solution delivers transparency and control over every conversation, so companies can optimize lead generation, map the full path to conversion, and increase sales conversions.
Thanks to smartphones, consumers are calling businesses to engage in conversations at record rates throughout every stage of the customer journey, and at DialogTech we are changing the world of voice communications for our customers. We enable our customers to better attribute, route, personalize, and handle their voice interactions at each stage of the marketing and sales processes.
DialogTech is a venture funded growth stage company with over $60,000,000 of funding, over 5,000 customers and 150 employees. Since the beginning of 2014, DialogTech has experienced over 300 percent growth in its enterprise customer base and nearly doubled its average customer size.
We are seeking an innovative, data-driven Vice President of Marketing. As VP of Marketing, you would be responsible for all activities related to conceptualizing and implementing marketing strategy and achieving marketing targets. Additionally, you will be responsible for business and market development, market research and planning, commercializing products, the strategic direction for product promotion, advertising and lead generation, cross-collaboration with sales and other internal customer and product teams and, hiring and directing the day-to-day activities of the marketing staff.
So, what's the role? Your day-to-day responsibilities in this position will be to:
- Develop the annual marketing plan and the strategies and resources necessary to accomplish the department’s strategic goals
- Represent DialogTech as our Brand Ambassador in the marketplace and to our customers, prospects, partners, competitors and Board of Directors
- Monitor the competitive landscape and identify industry and technology trends
- Lead all marketing initiatives and communications ensuring they are carried out with the precise timing, accuracy, and creativity necessary to position our business as leading edge marketing technology
- Provide leadership on our content marketing and thought leadership strategy
- Provide guidance on defining the value proposition and messaging for DialogTech solutions, including the product commercialization process
- Provide direction on the execution of our digital marketing strategy, including paid search, display and SEO analytics
- Partner with DialogTech’s COO and SVP of Sales to enable the sales team for increased revenue generation and growth as well as DialogTech’s Customer Success teams to define strategy and execute plans for customer acquisition, retention and upsell opportunities
- Inspire, mentor and work collaboratively with a diverse team to create and manage cross-organizational, integrated marketing strategies
- Track and maintain the marketing budget ensuring the cost of all projects are in balance. Report on and forecast a variety of marketing, funnel and cost metrics to ensure team performance is in line with corporate objectives
- Cultivate relationships with customers and business partners to build and execute co-marketing programs. Manage external partners including ad agencies, PR agencies and technology vendors.
And what skills and experience will you ideally need to be successful in this role?
- Master's in business, marketing or a related discipline
- A minimum of 15 years experience with a demonstrated track record of achieving rapid growth and quantifiable marketing results. Strong background in digital marketing for a B2B SaaS, demand generation and/or brand management is required
- 7+ years of leadership experience, specifically in managing a multi-functional marketing team
- Exceptional creative, strategic, and analytical skills; deep experience in tracking and measuring results; highly comfortable using and managing based on metrics including funnel conversion, customer acquisition, lifetime value and ROI
- Highly developed, demonstrated team building skills; ability to coordinate the efforts of a team of 15 diverse and creative employees across a wide range of marketing disciplines in a dynamic, rapidly evolving environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be a strong and effective communicator at the highest level to drive collaboration with senior executives, Fortune 500 customers, industry leaders and other business partners.
At Dialog Tech, we hire SWANs, Smarter than average, hard Working, Ambitious, and Nice – we want the best on our team and in turn we give the best. Join us at one of the 101 Best and Brightest Places to Work in Chicago and nationally, 6 times running, Chicago Tribune's Top 100 Workplaces company and a 2017 Crain's Fast 50 company!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.