Vice President of Marketing at UPshow
This is an exciting opportunity for an innovative B2B SaaS marketer to lead a team responsible for the development and execution of multi-touch demand generation programs that are key to the company’s revenue growth. While UPshow’s account-based marketing (ABM) foundation is in place, we’re looking for an energetic + analytical leader to take charge, build and then implement their own playbook based on a strategic go-to-market strategy in verticals where we have the opportunity for market leadership.
This leader should have an exceptional track record of success building and leading an ROI-focused marketing function (people, process, and infrastructure) and implementing cohesive performance-based marketing programs focused on new customer acquisition and existing customer retention and growth. This position reports directly to the CEO.
- 10+ years of relevant B2B technology marketing experience primarily in internet and software companies.
- Proven execution against performance targets in addition to tracking and delivering on key operational metrics (e.g., acquisition, engagement, conversion, return on investment) and effectively managing budgets.
- Strong expertise in value proposition messaging and positioning, persona development, TAM analysis, vertical marketing and brand tracking.
- Demonstrated ability to attract, lead, motivate and manage high performance teams.
- Strong data interpretation and analytics skills with deep knowledge of marketing analytics and attribution model development.
- Agility in approach to marketing plan development - with a propensity to A/B test, test new hypotheses, learn and fail fast.
- Experience managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience managing product marketing, demand generation, and thought leadership/awareness (including, content marketing, public relations).
- Bachelor degree required.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative reasoning, and strategic skills.
- Exceptional people/communication skills.
- Action-oriented leader with a high sense of urgency and a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves approach.
- High energy, driven, confident (but not arrogant) with the ability to establish instant credibility and rapport across the company.
- Data-driven marketer focused on business outcomes.
- Confident, passionate, and “lead by example” leader with a strong track record of establishing, developing, and retaining a high-performing and collaborative marketing team.
- Strong, confident presence with the ability to partner with executives across the business to drive critical initiatives with a level-headed and persistent demeanor.
- Strong track record of consistent career progression and increased responsibilities.
- Comfortable in a nimble, fast-paced environment with an orientation of doing more with less.
- Translate a strategic marketing plan into actionable quarterly targets and initiatives.
- Track ROI and establish measurable KPIs and milestones to continually evaluate performance against standards (i.e., ROI targets, customer acquisition rate, funnel conversion, percent of market, etc.). Report to the business on a regular cadence against defined KPIs.
- Partner with Chief Revenue Officer to align ABM strategy with sales team’s defined books of business.
- Create and implement a performance-based demand generation strategy that utilizes content, digital, and drip campaigns.
- Implement a lead scoring strategy to drive customer acquisition.
- Develop go-to-market strategy, value proposition, and product marketing strategies that compels prospects to buy and educates the market on the necessity of UPshow’s solutions.
- Leverage current customer and industry market data to drive decision making for product positioning and messaging to differentiate from competitors.
- Own segmentation, competitive analysis and market intelligence, prospecting, lead generation, product and market development, pricing, communications and budgets.
- Promote a marketing culture that focuses on data and analytics to drive decision making.