Growth with a Purpose
ShoppingGives began in 2015 as an organization to do good and make an impact. We build products to address the expectation for change. We exist to create impact on every purchase, and we believe that micro-actions lead to macro impact. Every day we help retailers, no matter how large or small, give back to the causes that their customers are passionate about. Through everyday purchases, we get to watch the world around us become better one transaction at a time, and we think that’s pretty incredible. Our impact is enormous and why we are growing with a purpose. We know it’s best to Invest in Tomorrow, Today. That means we don’t skip any steps while planning or default to the solutions we are comfortable with - we research tomorrow's leading technologies and how they can benefit our products.
The bottom line at the top - we make the world a better place with the tools we build. Would you like to join us and help by owing the visual output of our marketing strategy that helps create an Impact every day?
- Want to use your VISUAL design skills to create some good in this world?
- Think audience first?
- Know how to keep people engaged with the output you create?
- Want to finish your workday exhausted by the pace of progress yet energized by all the new people who interact with the products you design?
- Scream every time you see bad kerning?
- Have the knowledge to write a blog post on the importance of executing within brand guidelines…
- ...or how to support visual decisions using quantitative insights?
- Know your way around the Adobe Creative Suite?
- Have standards so high you could be featured in the clickbait article “6 people with high standards and why you should be like them?”
- Need to work every day with an honest, excited, transparent, and (appropriately) vulnerable team?
If you answered yes to those questions - this might be the role for you.
Let's be real: This job isn't for everyone.
- We're driven by our mission and our teammates to do good.
- We work hard and deliver fast - we have lots of customers to keep on our platform.
- Willy Wonka doesn’t work here - so we don’t sugarcoat.
- Mistakes are forgivable, and inactivity is not.
- We're accountable to you because you'll be accountable to us.
- We understand that to grow our business, we must develop our people - so we're looking for learners, teachers, and in this instance, one talented Visual Marketing Designer. Is that you?
Like what you see so far, apply now. Need more info, keep reading.
Let's define "one talented Visual Marketing Designer" as we see it. You love to and are great at:
- Editorial design - such as white papers, playbooks, and one-pagers
- You have killer skills in Illustrator
- Command J for XD
- Command J for InDesign
- You know enough Wordpress to build pages and maintain our website
- Using words within designs
- Paid advertising design
- Know the value of analyzing where we are today and drive to make it better
- Executing within brand guidelines
- Learning and applying lessons quickly
- Your can turns data into insights through visualization
- HTML/CSS is a bonus
- Using Quant to influence Qual
Create all visual materials and ensure their interaction with our individual audiences (eg retailers, NPOs, shoppers, and other stakeholders) while reinforcing SG’s brand voice.
Create Impact on every purchase.
We do this by enabling our retail partners to fund a donation to any charity of their customer's choice. But what good is all our good work if people can't find us or don't know how to use our products? That’s where you come in.
What you bring to the team:
- 2+ year working as a graphic designer or relevant education
- Work in Wordpress
- Significant contribution in editorial designs
- Social media design
- Desire to work within a self-guided, outcome based structure
If you think you're a fit or want to know more - apply right now!
Read this if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements:
OK, friend. Can we call you a friend yet? We hire people. People apply to work here, and people work here. People bring diverse experiences to jobs. We love that. So if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements, that’s ok. Apply if you’d be thrilled to wake up and do this job. We know that people aren’t unicorns, and we expect to have to train, upskill, grow, cover, and teach into some of these responsibilities. We just don’t know which responsibilities we’ll need to give that extra support until we meet you.
Why work at ShoppingGives?
- You can use your skills and time to make a positive impact every day.
- We're rich. (Just kidding, but we did close a nice round this fall.)
+++ Everyone is an owner - equity options come with this role.
- Volunteer Time Off (Cause we eat our own dog food)
- We’re outcome-driven, so you’ll get goals and the ability to execute autonomously with support.
- You'll create every day. We're around 25 people - so you'll influence tools, voice, style.
- We speak over ten languages, including Gujarati, Spanish, French, Hebrew, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Ukrainian, Hindi, Bosnian, Serbian, Croatian, Cantonese, Korean, and Nepali. And English - we're pretty good at English.
But seriously, apply right now.
Salary for this role is $55,000-$65,000 annually
Compensation and Benefits
Shopping Gives offers full or partial benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance. Three weeks paid vacation, 401k, Financial Advisors, Paid Volunteering --- and if you’ve read this far - Employee Options are part of every full-timer’s compensation package. We offer an Employee Assistance Program, Transit, and Identity Theft benefits - even a discount for your Pet’s Health Insurance. Just like most startups - we game, work out, happy hour, and take in the occasional sporting event together.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago within a couple of blocks of Union Station and a short walk from every EL line.
EEOC Statement: Shopping Gives is an equal opportunity employer. Shopping Gives does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.