PEAK6 is a true disrupter within the financial industry. We’re traders, investors, and technologists – but we’re not defined or constrained by a single industry or market. We’re transformers of clearing and flood insurance; we’re dreamers in sports and e-sports. We’re entrepreneurs who are ambitious and disciplined, making things better for our customers, our employees and ourselves - by finding unique opportunities in the market and capitalizing on them. We are no strangers to the startup world, and we thrive on exploring new opportunities!
As the VP of Learning and Growth you will be responsible for building out “Capital Management University” strategic educational offerings for our employers within the trading and technology space. You will design the overall vision with firm leadership, then execute on this plan. You will partner with subject-matter experts to - curate and scale an active learning that incorporates various modalities, including exploratory learning and collaboration.
We’re seeking a visionary, disruptive player/coach who can think big, work hands-on, and align with our business goals to develop strategy and execute in our focused, fast-moving team.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Building a holistic educational strategy across various Capital Management domains that allows us to leverage product, marketing, and adult learning skill sets.
- strategic planning for our trading education programs for our Trading Associates, our Experienced Traders, and our diverse non-trading team members.
- Scaling and tailoring different multi-modal learning approaches, practices, and experiences to various groups of team members – assessing needs and prior knowledge to develop flexible materials that meet varied goals, not a static one-size-fits-all approach.
- Collaborating with trading and technology leaders, as well as our co-founders, to translate and define an educational strategy to support business-learning goals.
- Partnering with various internal SMEs and trading partners to define learning groups, skill sets, goals, and program effectiveness within an evolving and fast-moving domain.
- Staying aware of best practices and tools for teaching and learning to continually improve the quality and effectiveness of our learning and development solutions and processes.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- An entrepreneurial spirit – you love to build and innovate – while applying your learning and product-based experience to align with business goals.
- Experience working with subject-matter experts outside your own area of content expertise to build out learning programs and experiences.
- Experience working directly with co-founders or other C-Suite leadership to translate, define, and execute on learning ideas and goals.
- Experience in a fast-paced/startup environment, for example, the EdTech space, with multiple initiatives and a matrixed structure.
- The ability to execute as a team of one, while thinking strategically about the overall vision and roadmap.
- The ability to become a trusted and respected business partner recognized for leadership, strategic planning, critical thinking, coaching, change management and emotional intelligence.