Morningstar's Investment Management group is a global team guided by Morningstar's mission, values and principles to deliver investment, advisory and software solutions to enable great financial advice to ultimately empower investor success. We use our expertise in asset allocation, investment selection and portfolio construction to create world-class investment solutions built upon Morningstar's unique data, analytics and research. This unique investment data and analytics powers our portfolio accounting and aggregation engines. The group offers a full range of investment solutions, an end-to-end wealth management platform, portfolio accounting services and account aggregation solutions to support wealth managers and financial advisors, and the investors they serve.
We're looking for a strategy and execution focused VP of Marketing who is a strong leader and coach. This person has experience at driving long-term growth in a financial services B2B channel and can own key areas of marketing, including product marketing, content marketing, product branding, public relations, internal communications, channel marketing, and events, and partner with revenue marketing and sales to drive revenue generation.
As a member of the group's global leadership team reporting directly to the President, the VP of Marketing is responsible for the group's marketing strategy, execution and shares the responsibility to drive growth with revenue marketing and sales. The role is based in our Chicago office.
- Lead the marketing strategy for the group and oversee the execution of all marketing activities
- Apply customer-centric marketing strategies to identify the most valuable customers and potential customers, to acquire, retain and develop customers to drive customer-lifetime value
- Conduct market research, segmentation analysis and develop detailed profiles of customers to inform product development, value propositions and GTM strategies
- Develop compelling value propositions and messaging for offerings, partnering with sales to drive demand generation and revenue results
- Assess and refine existing collateral to ensure the "Morningstar story" is told with simplicity, differentiation, and in a compelling manner to drive customer consideration and implementation
- Own the sales enablement programs to inform sales training and positioning for offerings based on value propositions and messaging, including analyzing win/loss ratios and market feedback to iterate positioning and enhance training
- Work with sales, revenue marketing and product to manage and optimize the marketing budget to achieve revenue growth targets and support budgets and forecasts
- Cultivate and increase the awareness of the brand and offerings in the marketplace
- Collaborate and represent the group on corporate marketing initiatives such as brand architecture, corporate campaigns and investment conferences
- Plan, organize and execute various marketing events such as roadshows, due diligence days, conferences, and exhibitions
- Produce high-quality content for clients and users such as webinars, whitepapers, podcasts, blogs and videos
- Partner with sales, products and operations to develop tiered service model for existing customers and prospects to drive differentiation of offerings and customer experience
- Assess, develop, inspire, coach, and provide feedback to the team, identifying opportunities for career enhancement and effective collaborative work practices
- 10+ years of senior marketing strategy experience. Ideally, 5 years of investment management or asset management experience at a major financial services provider. However, experience in other industries with significant retail experience in a B2B2C environment also highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience and success across all disciplines of marketing (product, branding, strategy, channel, social media, communications)
- Clear, effective communication skills and experience in a collaborative, transparent, and hands-on environment
- Experience applying data-driven techniques to inform marketing activities
- Demonstrated ability to create a successful marketing organization including coaching talent within a complex business and have demonstrated the ability to partner effectively in a matrix environment
- Experience positioning a company in a competitive market and winning market share
- Long-term ROI-driven mindset and a strong attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree
002_MstarAssocLLC Morningstar Investment Management LLC Legal Entity