VP of Marketing
Hello, We’re Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
Headquartered in Chicago, we also serve Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston and Seattle.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.
We’re looking for a VP of Marketing
As Built In’s VP of Marketing you will drive customer growth through inbound marketing, demand generation and brand building. You will report to our CEO and play a key role on our executive team as we define and execute the long-term B2B strategy for the company. We will look to you to work closely with the leadership and marketing teams to ensure our marketing programs are optimized and executed effectively, and in the process create an iconic brand in the HR tech space.
How you’ll contribute
- Drive growth: Enhance an already robust demand generation and lead nurturing engine, to continue our aggressive growth through SEO, content-driven marketing, webinars and events. You’ll develop and implement a cohesive, integrated, and strategic marketing plan designed to achieve defined corporate Built In goals.
- Develop and improve messaging: Oversee a new product marketing team to create and implement effective sales and marketing tools, including management and development of sales collateral, presentations, customer success stories and other sales tools to enhance the productivity of the sales team and drive value across the Built In ecosystem.
- Establish an iconic brand: Built In can be a global brand and the clear market leader in helping companies recruit the highest quality tech talent.
- Grow and nurture the marketing organization: Forecast hiring needs and recruit world-class marketing talent to build out the team. Nurture and develop a highly skilled team of marketers
- Manage Budget and Technology: Build, manage, and monitor the annual marketing budget including events, technologies, paid spend etc.
What you need
- 10+ years of marketing experience, including at a high growth technology company
- 5+ years of marketing leadership experience managing teams at the Director level and above
- Exceptional track record developing and implementing marketing strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives
- Proven track record driving product marketing & sales enablement
- Ability and desire to use data and metrics to make decisions
- Ability to recruit and lead interdisciplinary teams
- Expertise in SEO and/or CRM marketing
What We Value
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.