VP of Sales & Marketing at Black Spectacles
Want to help make the world a safer, more sustainable and more creative place? It may sound like a lofty goal, but that’s exactly what we’re doing at Black Spectacles. Our platform attracts architects around the world who want to push the limits of their industry. Our content — which includes podcasts, design tutorials and exam prep — helps architects keep pace with emerging technologies and software so they can do their best work.
Black Spectacles is a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company and ranked #11 in Education on the INC. 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Company List in 2019. To keep that momentum going strong, we’re expanding our team of enthusiastic go-getters. We’re on the hunt for a VP of Sales & Marketing to manage / scale our sales team while overseeing marketing functions.
- Direct and coordinate company sales and marketing functions
- Develop a department org chart and recruit, hire, train, coach and manage marketing and sales teams to meet KPIS
- Develop sales and marketing strategies
- Lead sales, marketing and customer success teams to sell products and services and predictably meet and exceed targets
- Develop Sales & Marketing Culture & Values: standards and processes, and ensures their adherence
- Implement predictable, repeatable, and scalable sales and marketing processes
- Develop and manage sales and marketing budgets, and oversee the development and management of internal operating budgets.
- Oversee major and critical developing client accounts, and coordinate the management of all other accounts.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs, and results.
- Direct and oversee the company’s marketing function to identify and develop new customers for products and services.
- Research and develop strategies and plans which identify marketing opportunities, direct marketing, and new project development
- 10+ years of experience with a proven track record of success in developing strategy, driving revenue, launching products, and managing and scaling teams
- Proven ability to guide a cross-functional team to a common vision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; verbal, written, presentation, people, and diplomacy skills
- Product Marketing expertise in positioning, messaging and go-to-market planning in complex and competitive market conditions
- Strong budget development and management skills
- Demonstrated success relaying brand voice through strong storytelling, messaging, positioning, and differentiation skills
- Demonstrated track record of growing top-line revenue
- Unlimited Vacation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health, dental, vision, short-term / long-term disability and life insurance.
- Flexible Savings Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- 401k with Employer match
- Profit sharing program
- Employee referral program
- Free weekly team lunch
- Commuter pre-tax program
- Frequent team events & quarterly social gatherings
- Work out of the inspiring 1871 space, access to events and mentors
Black Spectacles is an equal opportunity employer.