Web Developer - Marketing
Are you passionate about delivering fast, intuitive, and beautiful web experiences? Sprout Social is looking for an experienced Web Engineer to join the team that creates and maintains our web properties and marketing campaigns. Our Marketing Development team is a small, highly collaborative group that loves to experiment. As a member of this team, your input will be valued from ideation to implementation, and you will be able to define your own path to reach the goals we set together. You’ll also have the opportunity to collaborate frequently with brand designers and marketers.
Our software is used by more than 25,000 customers worldwide including Evernote, adidas, West Elm and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media. The experiences you build will help to directly impact our customer growth.
Within 1 month, You’ll:
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members.
- Gain an understanding of the team’s roadmap and Agile processes by having discussions with your team’s project manager.
- Meet your teammates in design, marketing, and project management and understand how the Marketing Development team plays a strategic role at Sprout.
- Learn how code is deployed to our end users through collaboration with web engineers on your team.
- Deliver business value by shipping your first code change with active pairing/mentoring from your teammates.
Within 3 months, You’ll:
- Deliver small, well-defined features from planning to deployment with guidance.
- Be familiar and comfortable with local development and deployment processes.
- Openly communicate with your teammates to deliver progress updates and set delivery expectations.
- Provide feedback in team activities, such as code review, estimation, planning technical design, requirements definition, and retrospectives.
- Pair with other web engineers to identify and fix production bugs by participating in your team’s support rotation.
- Begin contributing to shared codebases and documentation.
Within 6 months, You’ll:
- Improve your estimation skills to provide more accurate measurements of effort when scoping out projects.
- Work with your manager to define your career goals and formulate a plan to make progress towards them.
- Regularly share what you’re learning during marketing development team meetings.
- Actively participate in code review and project milestone check-ins.
- Participate in designing the technical details of a project and soliciting feedback from peers.
Within 12 months, You’ll:
- Deliver new web pages and page components on time and with minimal revisions.
- Partner with brand designers and marketing stakeholders to discuss the feasibility of implementing new designs and features.
- Begin improving the quality of existing code by refactoring, adding tests, and more.
- Learn to prioritize tasks, timebox, cut scope, and break larger user stories into smaller subtasks.
- Seek clarification and provide thoughtful and constructive feedback when vetting project requirements.
- Advocate for following best practices regarding web performance, accessibility, and user experience.
Note: When applying please submit your favorite code samples and/or Github profile
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team member
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!