ADABAS DBA & Systems Programmer at Ensono
JOB ROLE SUMMARY
Provide premium software support and services to Ensono mainframe clients as they relate to Mainframe ADABAS and NATURAL systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Fulfill customer service requests for mainframe z/OS customers in a timely manner as they pertain to ADABAS and NATURAL (SAG) software products.
• Provide primary support for reported problems related to Software AG software products.
• Provide support on 24 x 7 x 365 basis across multiple time zones.
• Follow procedures for installing Software AG software products efficiently and according to best practices and Ensono standards (for productivity/scalability purposes).
• Provide key support for customer migration services (new customer transitions)
• Follow ITSM change control procedures
•Bachelor’s degree required and/or equivalent work experience.
•10+ years of professional experience in ADABAS and NATURAL for administration and systems programming support. Software AG Products and add-on products like TRIM, Securitre, a plus
•Extensive experience with the following:
- Knowledge in best practices of software management, maintenance and documentation
- Configure and manage ADABAS and NATURAL using SMA and their add on products like Predict, Entire Network, Natural Security, Event Replicator, NATURAL for DB2.
- Develop innovation, strategies, processes and best practices in ADABAS DBA and NATURAL systems programming
- Reviewing new versions of Software AG products (ADABAS, NATURAL e.t.c) for functionality, advising how they benefit the client
- Troubleshooting and solving of ADABAS and NATURAL System and database issues
- Evaluating change requests and determine impact to assigned clients
- Vendor consultations for problems and questions
- DR recovery of application objects
- Supporting multiple customer for after hours on-call
- Database Administration
- Knowledge of ADABAS database administration, NATURAL Security
- Knowledge of ADABAS Fast Path.
- Database Design and related utilities
- Performance tuning
- Knowledge of ADABAS Delta Save Facility, ADABAS Utilities (ADAULD, ADADBS, ADASAV . e.t.c.)
- Working knowledge of Natural utilities SYSAOS, SYSDB2, SYSSEC, SYSBPM e.t.c
- Coding and usage of ADABAS reorganization utilities.
- Support planned (disaster recovery) and unplanned (emergency) database recovery activities
- Knowledge of log archive and change accumulation utilities
- Applying ZAPs and Service packs for Software AG products.
- Knowledge of ADARUN Parameters and Buffer pools.
- Knowledge of ADABAS recovery utility
- Identification and resolution of performance issues
- A solid working knowledge of SMA and its role in the installation process
- Knowledge of Program Migration tool (PAC, PAA).
- Knowledge of ADABAS Review, NATURAL Review
- Strong knowledge of Protection logging and Command Logging.
- Applying Licenses for SAG products