Applications and Infrastructure Support Analyst at JPMorgan Chase
Who we are
The Banking Production Management team with J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader in Banking. The team is responsible for the reliability and resiliency of the Banking application stack within J.P. Morgan. The J.P. Morgan Banking business, consisting of Investment Banking, Treasury Services and Corporate Banking, is one of the largest wholesale banking client franchises in the world. We serve clients, including corporations, governments, states, municipalities, healthcare organizations, education institutions, banks and investors. The team interacts directly with Business Operations, Product and Client Services plus our partners in Application Development and Global Infrastructure teams. Banking applications securely process trillions of payments every day along with providing real time Liquidity and Accounting functions. We also focus on automation and tooling, to eliminate unnecessary manual effort and to enhance our monitoring capabilities.
Who are we hiring?
We are looking for an outstanding Application/Infrastructure Support Engineer with experience working in a fast paced, high pressured environment, ideally within financial services or a large-scale technology firm.
• BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
• Basic knowledge of application development
• Working knowledge in one or more general purpose programming languages, plus an interest in learning other coding languages and skills as needed
• Working knowledge of Financial services, ideally payment processing
• Understand incredibly demanding nature of financial services, or eager to experience it
• Have a thirst for knowledge and want to expand your technical and business knowledge
• Experienced in one of Web/ SOA / Messaging Tools middleware technologies such as webMethods, WebSphere, Mulesoft, Apache/Tomcat
• Proficient working with a variety of platforms, including UNIX/Linux
• Proficient understanding of network technologies and have an interest in payment processing, trading and accounting systems
• Experienced in writing SQL queries and working knowledge of relational databases such as Oracle
• Capable of using Python or Shell to automate processes or have a development background
• Ability to manage demanding clients’ constantly evolving needs
• Think quickly and logically under pressure, understand and fix problems in a fast-paced environment
• Familiar with the principles of ITIL and can use them to effectively protect and govern our systems
• Familiar with newer technologies such as Kafka, Cassandra, Storm and MongoDB
• Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Have excellent technical skills and be able to develop new skills quickly
• Have a strong background in middleware product support and deployment
• Be self-motivated and a good self-starter
• Be able to manage own time such that can deliver to project milestones
• Willing to work on on-call rotational schedule based on global teams escalations and geography
What will you do?
It’s an incredible time for our industry and specifically the Banking business, the payment revolution continues and will be at the forefront of it. You will be focused on:
• Develop and own relationship between Business, Operations, Product and Technology
• Provide 24x7 first-line support for mission-critical payment, liquidity, cash, check processing and accounting applications and micro services
• Develop specialist knowledge in relevant systems, and share the same with team members and global partners
• Liaise with application development, infrastructure and support teams on on-going development, production activity and release management
• Pro-actively improve the quality of systems, application and service to increase business value
• Collaborate with Project Managers on a variety of project types such as design of app infrastructure architecture and deployment, 3rd Party Controls projects and product upgrades
• Manage projects through to completion, adhering to project-management best-practices
• Bring a DevOps/SRE mind-set to the entire software development life cycle, building, evolving and operating rapidly-changing resilient systems at scale
• Define, implement and automate standard product build patterns
• Build and deploy new Development, UAT and Production environments
• Own all requests including incidents and work closely with other technology teams in order to avoid or minimize business impacts
• Coordinated with all stakeholders and perform detailed root cause analysis to avoid repetition of issues
• Formulate and implement a comprehensive monitoring strategy across infrastructure and applications
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader in Banking. The world’s corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank supports our clients around the world providing strategic advice, raising capital and managing risk
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.