Associate Principal, Technology Operations Production at OCC
OCC, founded in 1973, is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and financial integrity in the marketplaces that it serves by focusing on sound risk management principles. We serve 16 options exchanges, 2 futures exchanges and 1 stock loan alternative trading system. OCC has over 100 clearing members, including several of the largest U.S. broker-dealers.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
- A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
- Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
- Generous PTO and Parental leave
- Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
What You Will Do:
Please Note: This position is a third shift (overnight) role, Sunday to Thursday with regular scheduled hours of 11 pm - 7AM
This role acts as the first line of support, is charged with ensuring OCC meets its comprehensive data processing requirements by tracking and escalating Incidents in a reliable and timely manner so that quality standards are minimally impacted. In addition, this person has responsibility for the monitoring of Production process and applications and rerun/restart of Jobs within the production environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Employ first-level Incident identification and resolution techniques to address interruption’s across Mainframe, UNIX, Windows, and Network platforms.
• Monitor multiple applications and systems using OCC approved software.
• Monitor and respond to applications/systems alerts across all platforms in accordance with Quality Standards and/or Security Policies.
• Report and document any processing anomalies utilizing OCC approved software.
• Maintain processing records and logs
• Escalate Production Incidents to Second-Level support as required per policy to ensure a timely resolution.
• Perform mainframe IPL’s, and other system commands if and when required.
• Support transmissions across SFTP/NDM.
• Support the execution and troubleshooting of UC4 jobs.
• Provide support for Production Installs, D/R and Industry tests.
• Maintain all off-site storage records and shipments.
• Rerun/Restart failed backups and perform restores when required.
• Work scheduled overtime when needed to ensure 24 x 7 coverage.
• Must adhere to all Production Operations policies and procedures
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix, Windows, and Mainframe/JCL.
• Working knowledge of UC4, Applied Dynamics, MQ, Main View, Connect Direct, Logic Monitor, and Service Now.
• Experience with mainframe and client/server job scheduling software.
• Knowledge of Network utilities (Ping, Netstat, Traceroute).
• Microsoft products desktop proficiency (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
• Working knowledge of monitoring tools and best practices.
• Understands urgency of service level agreements and the need for timely responses.
• Ability to work in high intensity environment.
• Need to be detail oriented.
• Must be a Team Player.
• Network troubleshooting.
• UNIX knowledge.
• UC4 Scheduler.
• Mobius via Document Direct.
• zOS/390 JCL, IBM utilities
• Transmission protocols: SFTP/NDM.
• Operating systems: Unix, Windows, zOS/390
• Strong Desktop skills
• Microsoft Office Suite
Education and/or Experience:
• Experience with OS390 JCL and IBM utilities
• Experience working in a multi-platform environment
• Experience working with an open systems scheduling product (ie.UC4).
• Experience working with Mobius/Brio.
• Dev/OPS experience desired but not required.
• College degree in Computer Information Systems desired, but equivalent work experience will be considered
Certificates or Licenses: N/A