As a software company, our employees’ user experience is incredibly important to us. Our software is used by more than 20,000 brands around the world. Companies like Chicago Bulls, Sony Electronics, Indiana University, Make-a-wish Foundation, Edelman, and Subaru rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
The central IT team at Sprout Social is responsible for employee tooling, network, security, and technical support for our entire organization. We are entirely SaaS-based, prefer lean, modern ways of working and are forging a non-traditional path forward. Our mission is to provide world-class tooling to ensure the success of our employees. With multiple offices, distributed teams, and several live-streamed events every month, this role is integral in ensuring we provide the best experience.
As an AV Specialist and Systems Administrator, you’ll provide technical assistance to our end-users and AV/event support across the organization. You will maintain our AV systems and equipment in a thoughtful manner and you’ll be encouraged to provide feedback and improve our processes. You’ll leverage your experience to bring new and creative ideas that will help us redefine what ordinary video meetings and live streamed events look like.
We’re looking for a quick learner and collaborative team player who understands the importance of support and wants to contribute towards improving and enhancing our tools and services. If you thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and love solving hard problems through technology, we’d love to talk with you!
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- Ability to lift 30+ pounds
- 3+ years of experience in AV equipment, live streaming solutions, and conferencing tools
- Technical support experience in a Mac environment
Within 1 month, you will:
- Experience Sprout’s in-depth onboarding, covering everything from our company mission and values, hearing directly from executives and founders, to deep training on our products and the value that Sprout delivers to our customers
- Make a plan with your manager to set initial priorities, align on expectations for your role, plant goalposts for your career, and learn about Sprout’s approach to supporting our users
- Learn our existing tooling and technologies and begin taking on a variety of support tickets
- Work with the internal IT team to identify some of the potential areas of improvement.
- Become knowledgeable on various technical procedures including: onboarding/offboarding, event hosting, inventory management, and customer service
- Understand our conference room technologies and (when back in the office) provide support surrounding these physical locations
- Participate in team meetings and bring your ideas to the table
- Begin participating in build-outs and meetings to welcome new employees
Within 3 months, you will:
- Work with your manager and teammates to create and prioritize quarterly team goals
- Begin to take ownership of our AV systems and event streaming responsibilities across the organization
- Begin making recommendations for building or otherwise improving our AV and streaming capabilities
- Become an expert on answering, prioritizing, and escalating support tickets for the organization and serve as a resource for escalation to the other members of the team
- Participate in our desk build-outs and breakdowns as it pertains to our onboarding/offboarding initiatives
- Build connections with members from other teams through active networking and community building
Within 6 months, you will:
- Coordinate and work with our AV Administrator to improve AV capabilities across all of our offices
- Participate in the maintenance and upkeep of our IT and AV fleet
- Assess and upgrade users’ equipment as it pertains to our policies and goals
- Ensure all reported AV failures are resolved in a timely manner and preventative measures are designed and implemented
- Assist with upgrading users’ equipment as it pertains to our policy
- Become an escalation point for all complex IT issues that may arise amongst the team
- Have your first performance conversation with your manager, where you’ll discuss your accomplishments in your role and work together to build goals for your professional growth
- Contribute towards documenting our processes within the knowledge base for all internal and end-user processes
Within 12 months, you will:
- Be a go-to expert on all Event and IT support tickets across the organization
- Be the primary person in charge of all event set up and assist in designing AV infrastructure
- Continuously improve and maintain the various conference rooms and AV systems, adapting to changing requirements and needs throughout our offices.
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to contribute to Sprout IT and our user experience in beneficial ways that we haven’t even considered yet
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our [email protected] program, employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and mentorship programs for aspiring leaders
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity— race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2020 DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.