CAD/RMS System Manager at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewCMSO Software Enterprise Operations Organization is a group that delivers software solutions to the public safety sector. Our group is committed to providing the technology, knowledge, and tools that will allow our customers to focus on their mission critical goals and responsibilities. We provide support for ground breaking products and solutions that enable public safety entities to respond more quickly and safely to emergent situations. PSA deploys and supports products such as Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management Systems, Jail Management Systems and Mobile Data Computing, among other offerings. SPSS is a fast-paced environment that seeks motivated and professional individuals willing to work towards our goals as an organization.
THIS IS AN ON-SITE POSITION WORKING AT THE INDIANAPOLIS METRO POLICE DEPARTMENT FACILITY IN INDIANAPOLIS, IN.
Provides tailored technical customer operations support. Develops strategies for implementing operational efficiencies by reviewing work flows, procedures, and performance. Executes customer operations policies and procedures. Builds and maintains positive, effective, and mutually beneficial-working alliances with customers. Initiates problem solving action and follows through to resolution. Performs root-case analysis of problems to formulate and recommend improved alternative operations. Leads process improvement initiatives.
• 3+ years Computer Science, Networking, Engineering, System Maintenance experience (public safety system experience preferred)
• 3+ years of Public Safety Applications experience involving CAD/RMS/Mobile, and other emergency 911 center equipment greatly preferred
• Proven track record working with or deploying enterprise hardware and software solutions; HP preferred
• Experience creating positive working relationships with customers and application end users.
• Able to function effectively in a fast-paced, demanding environment that regularly requires the ability to multitask.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Comfortable working both alone and in a team environment.
• Experience with Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems (MCSA/MCSE skills)
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, ODBC and Ops Manager (SCOM)
• Experience with Public Safety Applications including CAD and Mobile
• Experience with Virtualization software
• Experienced with Network Load Balancing (NLB) and Clustering
• Experience with hardware blades and Storage Area Networks (SAN); HP preferred
• Experience with firewalls and routers; Fortigate preferred
• Ability to troubleshoot application system issues including hardware, network and third-party components
• Motorola PremierOne CAD and/or RMS Experience
Bachelors degree or 3+ years of relevant experience
Travel RequirementsUnder 25%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.