Center Operations Supervisor at Oak Street Health
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:32 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, March 9, 2022
Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Center Operations Supervisor
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers delivering higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare in medically underserved communities. By providing holistic, comprehensive and integrated care right in our patients' communities, we can help keep them healthy and reinvest cost savings in further care for those same communities and others. Since 2013, Oak Street Health has brought its singular approach to tens of thousands of people across the nation. With an ambitious growth trajectory, Oak Street Health is attracting and cultivating team members who embody Oak Street values and are passionate about our mission to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
For more information, visit www.oakstreethealth.com.
Center Operations Supervisors (COSs) are an important part of the Oak Street Health center leadership team. COSs direct the daily activities of staff, and assist the Practice Manager in managing operational initiatives to ensure the clinic achieves its performance objectives and delivers safe, high-quality patient care.
- Support front desk coverage and contributes to service team work
- Monitor staff's attendance and absences and identify coverage plans for expected and unexpected absences
- Monitor provider schedules daily to ensure smooth flow of patient visits
- Manage the transportation schedule to maximize company resources and delivery on a positive patient experience
- Complete daily operational rounds to confirm foundational activities have been completed
- Monitor outstanding work queues, checklists and other performance indicators
- Monitor front desk activities for completion, accuracy and quality including confirmation calls, copay collection and patient experience, and contributing to work, when needed
- Help maintain the welcome space and community room to promote a positive patient experience and support growth
- Own facilities management to keep the center safe, clean, and functional
- Depending on the need of the center, manage hourly center staff ranging from front desk staff to medical assistants and phlebotomists
- As invited by the practice manager, support the recruitment, hiring, onboarding, retention and performance management of the staff
- Leverage practice dashboards and reports to identify areas for operational improvement
- Structure and facilitate service and clinical team huddles
- Engage in service recovery efforts, as needed and facilitate resolution
- Champion new initiatives as workflows are improved and new services are added
- Champion organizational operating procedures
- De-escalate conflict as it arises, and seek resolution
- Partner with other center leaders, including the Practice Manager and Medical Director to address staff performance and workflows
- Other duties, as assigned
What are we looking for?
- An exceptional ability to solve problems and think critically
- Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated success working within a team
- A flexible and positive attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment
- A proactive and adaptable working style; able to take ownership of tasks
- 2+ years professional experience in a customer service setting
- 1+ year experience leading a team preferred
- Proficient PC skills
- Associate's degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being "Oaky"
What does being "Oaky" look like?
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and delivering results
- Being scrappy
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers the opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
- Collaborative and energetic culture
- Fast-paced and innovative environment
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation and sick time, generous 401K match with immediate vesting, and health benefits
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers.