We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a leading financial technology platform that provides accessible products and a top-rated experience to middle income, credit-challenged consumers. Through our unwavering commitment to customer service, we help consumers, who are turned away by traditional providers, build a better financial path.
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
What you get to do:
You will report to the Chat Advocate Manager. You will communicate with customers via live chat answering questions about the loan application process. Your day will consist of responding to general questions, assisting with troubleshooting the bank verification step, uploading emailed documents, and requesting additional documents as needed.
- Drive business through excellent customer service at every step of the application process
- Build relationships through electronic communication
- Using provided resources to help navigate customers through the Instant Bank Verification process
- Review and evaluate customer’s financial documents and research financial history
- Collaborate with Underwriters and Loan Advocates to process loan applications in an expedited fashion
- Identify process bottlenecks, inefficiencies, and suggest improvements
- Be an expert regarding the application process
- Answer chats promptly
- Work within multiple chats simultaneously
- Identify useful documents required for the application process
What you will bring to the team:
- Critical thinker
- Ability to type 40 to 60 wpm
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to multitask between tasks
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to change
- Team player, willing to help in all situations
- Excellent customer service skills
- Confident in working with others
- Knowledge base and understanding in the financial lending industry
- Experience communicating with customers via electronic communications
- Experience in customer service oriented position
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. OppLoans is ranked an Inc. 500 company for four straight years and named the fourth fastest-growing Chicagoland company by Crain’s Chicago Business. We’ve been named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering an outstanding experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google and the BBB! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation.
We offer a great compensation package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you define your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, tuition reimbursement, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships & ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.