Clinical Documentation Coder at VillageMD (Remote)
Join VillageMD as a Clinical Documentation Coder (Remote)
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Clinical Documentation Coder to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
The Clinical Documentation Coder will be responsible for varying levels of risk adjustment, regulatory compliance and HCC diagnoses.
How you can make a difference
- Review, analyze and code diagnostic information in patient charts; identify coding
opportunities for improved coding accuracy
- Validate missed coding opportunities
- Ensure compliance with established coding guidelines, third party reimbursement policies, regulations and accreditation guidelines
- Audit patient charts to ensure accurate coding
Skills for success
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Professional Coding Certification such as CPC, CCS, or CCS-P required; CRC would be a plus
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in advanced professional coding; HCC coding
- Experience with providing coding education in an outpatient environment preferred (Primary Care Practice highly preferred)
- Proficient with payer policies and guidelines
- Familiarity with Electronic Health Records
- Strong communication skills
- Technology-savvy (Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook)
Experience to drive change
- Personal Initiative: Highly accountable, self-starter; strong sense of urgency; can work
- autonomously with limited direction
- Results oriented: bias for action; demonstrated track record of achievement; drive for
attainment of superior outcomes
- Emotional Intelligence: Self-aware; successfully navigates internal staff dynamics
- Flexible: ably navigates within ambiguity; solution-oriented
- Communication: distills complex, technical topics articulately to a nontechnical audience
- Collaboration: orientation to team-based work product and results
- Leadership: proven experience and desire to develop and nurture teams
- Humility: low ego; engenders trust; respectful
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.