Commercial Contract Manager at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewAt Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
By becoming a part of the Motorola Solutions Legal team, you become a part of helping public safety and commercial customers obtain the products and services needed for the moments that matter. From the legal procurement team working with subcontractors and vendor to obtain the supplies needed to run the business, to the software legal team analyzing new product offerings, to the legal pre-sales team negotiating contracts with customers, to the post-sales project team to complete our contracts as contracted on time and on budget, our team assist supports and facilitates the innovation and business efforts of Motorola Solutions.
The Contract Manager is responsible for managing the contracting process from beginning to end, including RFP review, proposal drafting, and drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and finalizing contracts that support business objectives. The Contract Manager works with internal organizations to limit commercial risk, margin erosion and ensure compliance with internal policies such as order and revenue recognition. These roles also work to secure procurement agreements on terms that limit Motorola Solutions’ risk. The full-time position may be remote.
- Review, negotiate, draft and analyze routine customer contracts (bids/tenders or RFPs, end user supply contracts, reseller and distribution channel agreements, etc.) of low complexity, risk, or dollar value.
- Assist with contract change control process, and serve as the focal point for fact-finding, negotiation and audit minutes and memorandum of agreement for contract negotiations.
- Assist with the development of streamlined, organized and efficient policies and procedures for contracts, including establishing playbooks, and standard template language to be used in contracts.
- Analyze contractual requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure contract compliance with applicable laws and regulations and internal company policies and procedures.
- Advise and coordinate with multiple stakeholders across marketing, product, finance, implementation and sales throughout the pre-sales, sales and post-contract cycle on a broad range of legal and compliance issues for the Motorola Solutions portfolio of products and services.
- Prepare contract amendments, work authorizations, change orders and proposals, and other related contract documents.
- Help with contract and proposal submissions through internal company contract approval process.
- Brief manager on proposals and negotiations.
- Administer and maintain customer and internal correspondence and other communications, prepare status reports, and assure contract submittals are made in a timely and coordinated manner consistent with customer and business requirements.
- Identify and recommend improvements to processes in relation to the job and prepare other agreements such as MOU’s, Teaming agreements etc.
- May conduct research to support corporate/financial audits.
- Works somewhat autonomously and seeks management input for high complexity issues and matters that may post some legal, financial and/or reputational risk to the company.
- Exercises reasonable judgment to determine when to escalate complex matters or decisions to manager.
- Some experience providing strategic and tactical insight and thinking depending on the need of the business.
- Some experience and understanding of government procurement laws and associated competitive procurement practices.
- Working knowledge of procurement, supply chain laws and regulations, company policies and procedures, business/financial acumen.
- Strong analytical and communication skills (including presentation skills).
- Strong time management, prioritization and computer skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Ability to influence and collaborate with a variety internal business and functional leaders and external customers.
- Experience accomplishing work without considerable day-to-day direction from attorneys or other senior contract managers, but will collaborate with them as needed.
- Collaborates: Ensures understanding of how own role fits into the bigger picture, and works with others to advance individual and team goals. Seeks information and other points of view, respectfully listens and considers them, even if they are different from one’s own; and quickly responds to needs and promotes ideas with energy, urgency and personal commitment.
- Drive Results and Execution: Identifies issues and raises them so that appropriate actions can be taken to resolve problems or improve the client experience. Takes personal ownership to follow through on commitments and achieve results with high quality. Demonstrates a strong bias for action and is able to balance priorities to keep plans on track.
- Focus on Customers: Seeks feedback from customers to identify strengths and improvement opportunities. Regularly meets with customers to anticipate and understand customer needs and expectations.
- Typically requires a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or equivalent, plus at least 5-7 years of related experience or a Juris Doctorate degree with at least 2-4 years of experience in corporate transactional, contracts negotiation and/or commercial transaction experience preferably with background in technology matters, government contracts and/or intellectual property.Professional certifications (such as National Contract Management Association) is a plus.
Referral Payment PlanNo
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.