If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
- Manages daily aspects of site construction such as data center construction, facilities upgrades, communication site construction (telecom), Photovoltaic power plants (solar), wireless telecommunications systems (towers, poles, equipment shelters).
- Responsible for project cost management, labor productivity and schedule development, safety compliance, quality control, and general construction administration.
- Creates detailed scope of work documentation and troubleshoots issues to avoid delays or escalations.
- May be responsible for performing site surveys, creating and updating project schedules, ordering materials, and contributing to selection and/or evaluation of subcontractors.
- May perform administrative tasks such as issuing work orders, preparing management reports, and preparing quotes and cost estimates.
- Develops and maintains safety program.
- May manage multiple projects or may be top on-site manager on single large, extensive project.
- Leads or coordinates telecommunications tower construction projects within established timeframes and budgeted costs
- Ensures that telecommunications towers meet technical, quality, reliability and organization standards in accordance with project specifications
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
During the preconstruction phase of the civil project which includes engineering and site design, the Construction Manager (CM) will be responsible for:
- Developing SOW’s required to engage the A/E firm (engineer of record) if it is Pyramid it will be the SOW related to the A/E portion of Pyramid’s quote. There might be occasions where contracting directly with A/E firms might be in our best interests or was part of the civil presale strategy.
- Scheduling and participating in site visits
- Participation and support of CDR.
- Conceptual drawing and construction drawing review and comment
- Construction drawing review and comment.
- Ensuring QA/QC is being enforced.
- A/E schedule development and enforcement – meeting milestones.
- Customer site acquisition support (i.e. applications and submittals)
- Weekly meeting participation (internal and Customer) .
- Permitting, zoning and regulatory approvals – monitoring status and making sure everything is being submitted on schedule.
- As MSI’s representative the Construction Manager (CM) will observe the construction activities on-site to protect MSI against defects, deficiencies and delays in the Subcontractor's work. They will ensure that our Subcontractor has a representative on-site in accordance with resource plans on a full-time basis and for providing inspections that confirm proper execution, quality and conformance to schedule.
1. Conduct on-site observations and comprehensive checks of work in progress as a basis for determining conformance of work, material and equipment with the Contract Documents.
2. Serve as liaison between the Subcontractor (through the Contractor's onsite representative) and the Customer/Consultant. Maintain a professional relationship with the Subcontractor(s) and the Customer/Consultant representatives.
3. Prevents Customer personnel from issuing instructions directly to our subcontractors in accordance with established communication plan.
4. Ensures conformance to any specifications in accordance with contract.
5. Ensure conformance to safety plans and protocol.
6. Ensure that tests that are required by the Contract Documents or government regulations are appropriately performed and observed.
7. Ensure that the subcontractor is maintaining at the job site the documents and drawings required for construction and as might be mandated by contract.
8. Complete and distribute a daily report that includes appropriate photographs documenting tasks completed that day and that also captures; hours on the job site, manpower, weather conditions, on site incidents and accidents, equipment, list of visiting officials and jurisdiction, daily activities, decisions, observations in general, and specific observations in more detail as in the case of observing test procedures.
9. Keep an accurate and detailed accounting of all work stoppages and the reasons for each.
10. Provide status report support to the PM during weekly status reviews as might be required. Includes participation in meetings as needed.
11. Assist in the development of Methods of Procedures (MOP’s) as might be required to address requested deviations to contract specifications or out of sequence scope.
12. In accordance with the project communication plan, properly report and escalate any variances, conflicts or potential problems.
13. In consultation with the PM, has the authority to suspend work if it is determined that continuation of the work would lead to substandard, incorrect, or unsafe installation.
14. Consider and evaluate suggestions or modifications which may be submitted by the Subcontractor to the owner, and report them with recommendations to the PM for a final decision.
15. Be alert to the daily progress and report schedule delays and recommendations for schedule improvements where applicable. Provide oversight necessary to enforce agreed to task completion dates. Participate in and provide input into schedule enhancement recommendations.
16. Assist the Subcontractor's on-site representative in understanding the intent of the Contract Documents. Obtain from the Customer/Consultant additional details or information if, and when, required at the job site for proper execution of the work.
17. Accompany Local, State, or Federal inspectors through the Project, record the outcome of these visits, and report same to the owner.
18. Coordinate and comply with directives of the Customer on phasing of the Project for work at night, on weekends and or holidays.
19. Have experience in the following areas;
• Site clearing and environmental standards for storm water control and grading
• Excavating for tower foundations and building slabs/ building forms, rebar installation
• Good understanding of concrete standards and placement
• Trenching and Underground utilities installation
• Ground ring installation and resistivity testing
• Tower construction and rigging
• Knowledge of stacking of towers with a crane and the safety standards involved with this task.
• Electrical – Including commercial power connections.
- 6+ years of experience in construction management or similar field
- BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management is nice to have but not required
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.