Contact Center Director
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
In this role you must leverage your exceptional leadership skills to not only build and develop and coach your team for success but also build exceptional key work partner relationships. You will also fully support our Restaurant partners with order, account and technical support as well as ensure the delivery of a remarkable customer experience by working with your team to help resolve both internal and external restaurant issues, and assist with restaurant transactions as needed. You will model excellent customer service by demonstrating and holding your team accountable for developing expertise and providing the highest levels of professionalism and courtesy to all customers. Additionally, you will utilize a wide range of people and operational management skills to optimize the restaurant and employee experience and maintain the health of daily and long-term goals.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be an excellent leader, have strong project management skills, the ability to deploy multiple projects in a fast paced environment and have a good understanding of contact center technologies and industry trends.
We are seeking a focused, high-energy leader for our Restaurant Care group. A critical component of Grubhub’s restaurant business, this evolving team provides order and account support to our delivery partners nationwide through multiple contact channels including tickets, emails, and inbound and outbound calls. As the head of Restaurant Care, you will also nurture strong relationships with leaders throughout Care and other partner organizations like Sales, Marketing, Technology, Operations, and Accounting. Additionally, you will utilize a wide range of people and operational management skills to optimize the driver and employee experience and maintain the health of daily and long-term goals. Never a dull moment! In this role you will report to the VP, Care
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Create a positive and focused team environment by expecting high performance levels, promoting empowerment and good judgment, and communicating with transparency
- Monitor the Service Level Agreements (SLA), improving contact performance, improving use of resources and the adoption of new proven technologies to reduce contacts, increase efficiency and improve the Customer experience
- Monitor performance metrics to ensure workforce alignment with company goals and objectives, including support of Care’s quality assurance program
- Manage and develop direct reports on the Restaurant Care Leadership team, including multiple Managers and their Leads
- Engage in leading and inspiring others to think outside of the box and develop best practices in the performance of the Contact Center
- Collaborate with the Leadership team (the VP of Care and your peers) to align on Care-wide strategy and projects
- Oversee all day-to-day and hour-to-hour aspects of the team, including active and consistent daily management of employees
- Conduct regular one-on-one and team meetings, performance reviews, and other checkpoints to provide coaching and keep a pulse on the team
- Direct the team’s overall recruiting, staffing, scheduling and performance management to best care for the delivery partners who count on your team
- Manage technology implementation projects that affect restaurants and the contact center
You Should Have
- Flexibility to work extended business hours, including some holidays throughout the year, and to serve on a 24/7 on-call rotation for a week every other month
- Bachelor's Degree (Business, Finance Operations Management or Information Science preferred); MBA a strong plus
- Minimum of 7+ years experience in a fast moving Customer Service operation, Six Sigma/LEAN or Operational Management in a Contact Center environment
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills, proven ability to effectively develop, coach and motivate employees
- E-commerce/technology environment is a plus
- Well versed in contact center specific Workforce Management concepts and tools
- Ability to prioritize and work well both independently and as part of a team; ability to balance strategic project planning with real-time problem solving and fire fighting
- Demonstrated ability to motivate teams to provide best-in-class customer service
- Proven ability to work well under pressure making sound decisions quickly in a fluid, fast-paced business environment
- Creative thinker with innovative approach to problem-solving
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret data
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- A willingness to learn and adapt
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with team members across an organization
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under time constraints and against deadlines
- Highly collaborative and effective communicator with all levels in an organization
Got These? Even Better:
- Prior experience with Google applications, Zendesk, Salesforce Service Cloud, proficiency with statistical reporting (MS Excel), Workforce Management Software, as well as, forecasting/scheduling related software packages
- Lean, Six Sigma Green Belt or Six Sigma Black Belt
- Familiarity with SQL, Statistics and/or Tableau
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.