Corporate Events Planner at Paylocity
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Corporate Marketing, the Corporate Events Planner role focuses on Corporate event planning and will support a wide range of internal and external events. This person must be a self-motivated team player and able to take a task from inception to completion with minimal supervision. The right person for this role is energized by a fast-paced environment and enjoys managing events from start to finish.
What you'll do:
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead event planner for major external and select internal events, including, but not limited to national tradeshows, incentive travel programs, sales or leadership meetings.
- Partner with Procurement and Field Marketing to maximize efficiency and effectiveness, common tool sets and providers
- Manage overall execution of strategic events from the concept and strategy creation to planning and execution. This includes but not limited to themes, event operations, logistics, communications, staffing assignments, budget management, post-event impact analysis and agency/contractor management.
- Creates initial budget, aligns with key stakeholders to obtain final budget approval, and communicates budget-to-actual performance.
- Builds and manages event-specific registration site in Cvent
- Communicate event and travel details with attendees.
- Communicate event needs with hotel event planners and other vendors.
- Build and review agendas to ensure contracted meeting space is in line with current agenda flow
- Oversee vendor relationships, and manages ongoing partnerships
- Conducts initial needs analysis for event.
- Collect data to assist with analysis of event success.
- Researches industry trends and hot topics and shares with marketing and sales team, as related to current and future event opportunities.
- Manage on-site implementation of event production schedules and timelines
- Conduct post-event evaluations and make recommendations for future improvements
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, hospitality, or related field OR equivalent experience
- 7+ years of corporate event planning with strong experience in managing incentive travel programs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, Cvent or similar event planning software and tools.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Experience working with diverse internal clients, including management, sales, human resources, etc.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong planning and project management skills, including budget management
- Ability to efficiently manage processes while working on multiple projects at once
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, professionalism, and customer service presence
- Creative mindset balanced with the ability to anticipate and solve problems logically and critically