Corporate Trainer at VillageMD
Join VillageMD as a Corporate Trainer in Chicago, IL
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Corporate Trainer to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
As an integral member of the VillageMD Training Deployment team, you will enable our ability to deliver and execute role-based onboarding and training initiatives for non-clinical staff at Village MD. In addition, you will partner with Regional Training Managers and operational leaders to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate regional specific standards for a dedicated market. You will provide at the elbow support of new team members, assessing competencies and training a consistent approach and standard of care and patient support. You will work closely with the other regional training teams, Learning & Development, SMEs, and business partners to appropriately deliver, evaluate, and refine our programs with a focus on quality and speed to productivity. This role reports directly to the Regional Training Manager position per division.
This role includes 50% travel between our corporate locations nationally.
How you can make a difference
- Responsible for facilitation of Instructor-Led or Virtual Instructor-Led new hire training courses, new processes, and continued education for existing associates as well as one-on-one training, when needed.
- Responsible for developing and building standard regional operating processes and role-based training material for non-clinical roles such as Patient Receptionist Specialist (PRS) and Practice Manager roles.
- Support new acquisitions by assessing training needs and developing and implementing regional/clinic training plans/programs per Village MD Enterprise learning standards.
- Understand workflow, policies and procedures related to non-clinical associates and work with Subject Matter Experts to ensure the most current information is being conveyed.
- Effectively navigate and troubleshoot IT technical issues and connectivity for virtual sessions.
- Creating and implementing new process training, workflow development and training, communicating new information and workflow changes.
- Provide coaching and feedback during and after training programs as well as throughout the initial 90-day review period.
- Perform physical preparation of training facilities including production and maintenance of course materials, metrics, and evaluations.
- Evaluate training programs and incorporate feedback to improve future programs.
- Maintain Regional Specific documentation regarding workflows in the clinical applications of the EMR per region. Comply with policies and procedures regarding EMR change management for configuration updates and tracking.
Skills for success
- Must demonstrate a strong training background along with an excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously within flexible time frames.
- A high level of personal accountability and ability to work independently.
- Ability to be flexible in an ambiguous and dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and relationship skills with demonstrated success training new team members on the clinical skills, processes, and clinical practices to integrate successfully.
- Comfort with data can leverage reporting and metrics to evaluate the efficacy of training and support approaches, as well as identify skills gaps.
- Creativity, flexibility, and demonstrated critical problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence associates in training through effective presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to assess the learning needs of new team members and independently adjust teaching/training approach as required to quickly and efficiently bring new hires up to speed.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clinical and non-clinical staff in their use of the EMR to advance workflows to optimal efficiency that reflects best practices set by the Clinical Operations team.
- Demonstrating effective time management and prioritization; excelling at both hands-on execution as well as training team members in supporting efficient clinic patient flow.
- Acting as a role model of culture; demonstrating professionalism in all providers, patient, and team member interactions; a true ambassador for the Village Medical brand.
Experience to drive change
- Minimum of one-year experience with VillageMD preferred
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 3 years of EMR experience (Athena experience strongly preferred)
- Minimum 2 years End User/Preceptor Training required
- Ability to travel up to 50% or more
- Flexible to priority shifts based on business needs
- Appropriate working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of products, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with presentations to small and large groups in classroom environments, along with one-on-one training
- Experience creating training material and documentation
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, creative, problem-solving, and team collaboration skills
- Strong time management and personal organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Preferred experience with one regional workflow including but not limited to Patient Receptionist Specialist, Practice Manager Role
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.