Credit Card Reporting Associate at OppFi
OppLoans is a rapidly growing Fintech company that helps credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path through accessible products and five-star customer service. As one of Chicago's fastest-growing startups, we've made the Crain's Business Chicago Fast 50 (#4 in 2019) and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (twice), and we've ranked in the top 10% of the Inc. 5000 four years in a row!
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive "Opptimists" with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That's why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
We are looking for a Credit Card Reporting Associate to join OppLoans' expanding and dynamic Compliance department! You will report directly to the Senior Regulatory Compliance Manager. The role will primarily help in responding to direct and indirect disputes, analyze dispute trends, and assist in the monitoring of, creation, modification, and submission of the Metro 2 format monthly credit reporting files.What you get to do:
- Assist the Compliance Director in implementing our credit reporting program for OppFi credit card, including both data furnishing and credit reporting dispute responses.
- Ensure the accuracy of information reported to the credit bureaus.
- Assist and develop how credit card credit reporting disputes are received, investigated, and responded to.
- Help perform root cause analysis, determine trends, and suggest solutions to noted issues.
- Ensure compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and other federal regulations such as Unfair, Deceptive, or Abusive Acts or Practices Act (UDAAP), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Fair Lending, Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA).
- 2 or more years experience reviewing sensitive information, navigating and reviewing accounts, notating findings, and tracking information
- Knowledge of e-OSCAR system and experience with the Metro 2 format coming from a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of SQL
OppLoans is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New hire "Opptimists" go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our onboarding team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the Mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your Goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your Belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppLoans' culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Employee-led communities and programs, like our wellness program Project Opptimism, are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your Journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
OppLoans offers a flexible remote environment, 401(k) matching program, and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness, you receive a free Audible membership, access to all LinkedIn Learning courses, and monthly meditation and yoga classes. We also offer Fringe, which is a lifestyle benefits platform that lets you decide how you want to spend your rewards from dozens of vendors like Uber, Doordash and Urban Sitter. Dress code is casual.EEOC Statement:
We do not discriminate based on identity - race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
OppLoans is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppLoans will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected].