Customer Loyalty & Retention Lead
Browse the Aisles-
The Customer Loyalty & Retention Lead role is primarily responsible for driving revenue by generating
incremental sales among the existing customer base. They will oversee the development and
implementation of retention and CRM initiatives across multiple touch-points to drive repeat sales, win back
lapsed customers, increase customer lifetime value and improve overall brand perception
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Work in close partnership with DiPLA to utilize customer transaction data – both Peapod and across ADUSA
brick & mortar – to define segmentation model including integration of customer lifetime value. Additionally,
direct research and analytic efforts to understand retention/churn drivers and win-back/up-sell opportunities.
- Identify retention and revenue generating opportunities based on in-depth understanding of segment shifting
- Drive in-depth understanding of shopper motivations and barriers to repeat or repurchase, highlighting relevant
differences across the segments.
- Champion existing customer segmentation insights across broader organization with emphasis on informing
future acquisition opportunities (e.g. look-a-like modeling), product assortment and service expectations.
- Design and implement new strategies that enhance the customer journey. Initial current-state mapping through
to proposed future state. Understand how customer perceptions and company actions intersect.
- Provide leadership to team in delivering strong seasonal loyalty programs with focus on establishing robust
KPI's and effective targeting and offer strategies built on the customer segmentation model.
- Develop a CRM roadmap/strategy that can support current business needs as well as outlining new
requirements based on ‘future state’.
- Set a strong, consumer insight-based rationale and strategic framework for the promotional calendar as it
relates to customer segments.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- 10-12+ years experience
- 3+ years experience managing people
- Heavy marketing/CRM experience, including leading customer loyalty and direct marketing programs
- Experience driving organizational culture that instills focus on customer satisfaction by continuously
improving services, processes, systems and collaborative capabilities.
- Experience developing and implementing a customer loyalty program.
- Proven track record of success with metric driven results.
- Track record of driving results through cross-functional collaboration
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Forward thinking, make things happen business approach. Seeks out problems and
opportunities for change. Approaches work objectives with a sense of urgency and passion,
and a dedication to exceed performance expectations.
- Able to think through problem solutions, sell cooperative solution agendas, and integrate
- Responsibility for development and execution of budget and timeline deliverables
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
You must be authorized to work in the United States to be eligible for consideration for employment. Peapod is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.