Sprout Social is looking for an ambitious, experienced and tech savvy Customer Success Manager to engage and retain a large portfolio of Sprout’s customers. The primary responsibility of this role is to reduce customer churn and increase customer lifetime value (LTV) by aligning Sprout’s value proposition with customer goals business objectives and managing the renewal process. This is a remote base position where you'll work from your home office in the Philippines during North American business hours.
The ideal candidate is passionate about customer success, naturally curious, problem solver, solutions oriented and feels comfortable navigating customer escalations through objection handling. You are excited about high volume interactions with customers and committed to driving the value of Sprout in every customer conversation. You are constantly seeking solutions through an empathic and customer centric approach that aligns Sprout’s value with achieving the customer’s desired outcomes and goals. You are efficient and process oriented in how you manage your tasks and time, while also leveraging tools such as Salesforce and Zendesk to track and record engagements. You have a strong understanding of SaaS renewal cycles and actively drive customers through successful renewals. You are goal oriented and bring creative ideas to the role in how to consistently achieve your monthly targets. You are a team player, who steps in to help others in need and collaborates with partners to drive success for the business.
As a Retention Specialist at Sprout Social, you are part of a Customer Success team that is focused on cultivating strong relationships and loyalty with more than 25,000 brands around the world including Sony Electronics, Make-a-wish Foundation, Subaru and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create long-lasting connections with their customers through social media.
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- Proven client relationship experience in the technology industry
- Experience negotiating and navigating escalations with a customer centric and solutions oriented approach
- Written and verbal proficiency in English is required
- Able to work North American hours
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Able to to identify and align a customer’s goals and objectives with Sprout’s value, capabilities and solution
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and customer engagements at once
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- In-depth knowledge of social media tools
- Salesforce.com or other CRM experience is a plus
Within 1 Month, you will…
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the Manager of Customer Success to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Begin developing familiarity with our business, platform, and applications, as well as our company’s key metrics.
- Acclimate yourself with the day to day responsibilities of Sprout’s Success Team by shadowing team members through recorded calls and and working closely with your team counterparts.
Within 3 Months, you will…
- Preventing churn by engaging with customers and driving value through every interaction
- Establish relationships with customer-facing departments across the organization.
- Direct customers to Sprout resources such as product guides, webinars, and customer support to encourage product adoption.
- Respond to high-impact customer issues in a fashion that inspires continued customer loyalty.
- Actively handle inbound requests and account related questions.
Within 6 months, you will…
- Maintain product expertise across our platform to serve as the ultimate trusted advisor.
- Plan, schedule and manage customer interactions that mitigate risk and prevent customers from churning
- Partner with colleagues across departments to address customer feedback and communicate accordingly.
- Review to-date performance with your manager, identify areas of improvement and establish a plan for career development.
- Become a Sprout Social and Social Media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing trends, new product features and platform enhancements to help our clients realize their full potential and accomplish their goals
Within 12 months, you will…
- Propose and execute new ideas benefiting the whole of Customer Success or Sprout as an organization.
- Identify individual strengths and how to apply them effectively for continued success.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive benefit programs
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is an equal opportunity employer. Anyone seeking employment here is considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!