Tall Ridge is seeking a Demand Planner to work with a compelling roster of clients to develop and optimize our forecasting & purchasing model. This position plays a key role in leading communication for clients and products with key counterparts in Operations, Sales, Marketing, and Finance. This person will design and generate weekly and monthly forecasting, inventory, and purchasing reports. Based on changes in demand and market trends, this person will recommend adjustments to forecast and inventory targets. Working under the direction and guidance our of Sr. Manager of Demand and Forecast Planning, this person will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience in the Purchasing field with high potential for growth.
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze trends to forecast demands and plan production commitments or timetables for business units, specific programs, or jobs, using sales forecasts.
- Maintain proper inventory levels; create a place and adjust orders accordingly.
- Maintain data integrity & item master
- Create new products for new & existing clients
- Create, upload and send Purchase Orders to vendors
- Track Purchase Orders & schedule incoming receipts
- Troubleshoot PO discrepancies internally & externally
- Oversee production planning process; audit daily inventory at multiple locations to ensure correct outbound shipments are in place
- Compile information analyze data & produce actionable insights for multiple departments.
- Maintain inventory turns and reduce excess stock.
- Support demand planning and forecasting systems, tools and reports used in developing operational forecasts and demand plans for use in Sales and Operational Planning.
- Proactively manage and improve current forecasting metrics.
- Manage, analyze, and execute demand forecast and update based on actual sales velocity, trends, promotional plans, new product & brand launches, and sales plans.
- Analyze forecast accuracy and performance to identify problems and opportunities; make recommendations for improvements to the demand plan.
- Collaborate with marketing, operations, and finance to research and understand demand drivers to ensure that current and accurate information is used for the demand forecasts.
- Assist and coordinate the cross-functional actions and tasks involved in meeting the necessary timelines to launch or transition new products.
Who You Are:
- You are an excel mastermind that loves analyzing raw data to draw conclusions and make it presentable to a broad audience
- A self-starter with a proactive mindset and collaborative attitude
- Passionate and knowledgeable in forecasting methods, you love finding opportunities for improvement.
- Highly analytical and organized, you succeed in independent work environments.
- Your interpersonal and facilitation skills allow you to effectively interact with all teams in the forecast process.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-focused environment with rapidly changing priorities.
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS college degree in Business (or related field) or Statistics required.
- Preferred skills: Netsuite experience, Tableau experience, some SQL knowledge
Why work with us?
Many of us consider our people to be our best perk but to sweeten the deal, we also have a pretty awesome list of conventional (and less conventional) perks and benefits including competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401K matching plan with immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and great employee discounts on our products. Not to mention, we regularly partake in happy hours, company-sponsored events, oh yeah, and snacks & drinks too of course!
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Tall Ridge is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.