Desktop Support Analyst at PEAK6
We are PEAK6, a leading investment firm. You'll find us headquartered in the historic Chicago Board of Trade building, where we first opened our doors in 1997. It's been over 20 years since we were one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology to use in our trading business. Today, we continue to leverage our technical ingenuity and operational excellence across several investment areas, spanning early-to-mid stage growth capital, operational control, trading, and e-sports, while always proving value to the customer. Throughout the years, we've built and operated several financial technology firms, and we continue to evolve. You'll find a bit of everything here, and we're always looking to take on new endeavors.
As a Desktop Support Analyst in Technology Experience, you will be instrumental in the experience of all our employees throughout the PEAK6 Family of Brands. We’re looking for someone who takes ownership of their work, is resourceful in their problem-solving skills and is able to think creatively. This individual will work together with a team to provide both local and remote support for all of our employees and will take on projects that will require clear communication and completion in a timely manner. We want someone who has a passion for setting the performance bar and thrives in an energetic team environment, while delivering a fully integrated solution that fits into one unified technology stack.
PEAK6 Technology Experience places emphasis on delivering white-glove customer service. Therefore, it is imperative for the Desktop Support Analyst to place value on detail; but also pair this with a sense of urgency for execution. Technology Experience is looking for people who have compassion and empathy for their teammates and a natural IT intuition who can work harder, faster and smarter while taking technical excellence to a whole new level.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Providing onsite, phone, email, and chat support for end user systems and applications
- Collaborating with team members and leadership, implementing great support processes, procedures, and documentation.
- Identifying opportunities for business enablement through smart use of technology.
- Ordering, receiveing, tracking, and issuing hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Performing new hire onboarding, including account creation, phone provisioning, computer and desk setup.
- Mentoring team members.
- Managing, supporting, and provisioning business applications in a cloud-based environment.
- Writing clear, concise documentation for team members in wiki tools (Confluence).
- Evaluating and recommending new software platforms and services.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- 2+ years of experience working in a desktop support environment, saving people’s e-lives along the way.
- Extensive experience with Windows 10 system administration and applications: OS configuration, troubleshooting, and knowledge of applications including Microsoft Office and Atlassian tools such as Jira and Confluence.
- Experience with troubleshooting macOS.
- Experience with Office365, including comprehensive knowledge of all applications and services within, including OneDrive and SharePoint.
- Working knowledge of VoIP (Cisco) and V/C systems and internet-based video conferencing such as Zoom.
- Experience managing and manipulating directory systems (AD, LDAP).
- Experience supporting TCP/IP networks and wireless networking.
- Experience with a ticket based support platform.
- Experience in communication and collaboration technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
All of our engineers have these traits. You should, too.
Motivation Collaboration Curiosity
Integrity Adaptability Ingenuity
Life at PEAK6
We want you to like coming to work so we work really hard to make your job fun and different from any other.
As a PEAK6 Desktop Support Analyst, you can enjoy:
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Speakers Series
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Cornhole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program
Learn more about our culture on our website at peak6.com/culture