Desktop Support Manager
PEAK6 was brought to life by the idea that the development of integrative technology can improve how business is done. The passion for that idea powers our firm still. As a Manager for Desktop Support at PEAK6, you are free to explore unique solutions and try fresh ideas that may benefit our financial services and trading businesses, and our investment companies. You’ll collaborate with some of tech’s sharpest minds to solve for the firm’s ever-changing but exciting challenges. Working in tech at PEAK6 means that you’ll always be presented with a variety of new possibilities as you continue to enhance your skills.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Helping to architect and support all end user hardware and software including desktop and server management. (e.g. Windows desktops, laptops, and tablets, Mac devices, etc.).
- Managing the workstation images and helping to automate where possible.
- Managing System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) to effectively manage the desktop environment.
- Patching operating systems, software, and firmware effectively.
- Helping to guide the end user technology team regarding on ticket troubleshooting, project work, and best practices.
- Ensuring that end user support maintains a high level of responsiveness,communication, expertise, and professionalism.
- Helping to establish appropriate benchmarks/KPI’s to ensure that your team is operating efficiently with appropriate success metrics.
- Spearheading the research, design, implementation and ongoing maintenance of
desktop hardware, software and all end user technologies.
- Operating a highly efficient, organized and knowledgeable team that is looked upon for guidance and best practices regarding end user technology.
- Meeting with key business stakeholders to understand challenges and solve them.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- 2+ years in a Team Lead or Manager capacity with continued hands-on technical experience.
- Strong technical proficiency in MS Windows 10, Office Suite, and SCCM
- Automation skills including Powershell
- Third-party application management (ex: JIRA, Confluence, Cisco Call Manager)
- Experience prioritizing work and helping remove roadblocks for team success.
- Experience driving and motivating teams to follow best practices/guidelines.
- A strong customer service orientation with demonstrated experience in meeting and managing customer/client expectations.
- A strong sense of urgency when it comes to customer support resolution.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate technical concepts/issues to technical and non-technical staff.
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to understand, analyze and creatively solve problems.
- Demonstrated experience identifying gaps and providing innovative solutions to improve end user support and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
All of our managers have these traits. You should, too.
Motivation Collaboration Curiosity
Integrity Adaptability Ingenuity
Life at PEAK6
We want you to like coming to work so we work really hard to make your job fun and different from any other.
As a PEAK6 Desktop Support Manager you can enjoy:
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Speakers Series
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Cornhole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program