Desktop Support Specialist
- Provide IT support and troubleshooting to office staff.
- Assist with setup of new computers, installation of updates, and adding user accounts.
- Assist with moving computer hardware and basic install of monitors, keyboards, TVs, etc.
- Assist with basic troubleshooting of technical devices (changing toner, replacing cables, etc.)
- Help manage IT inventory, hardware, and software licenses.
- General day to day helpdesk services. Respond to inbound tickets, escalate to engineers as needed, and follow up with users.
- Document resolutions in ticketing system and communicate back to end user.
- Create and maintain various reports for the IT dept.
- Monitor network performance and availability.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Ability to deliver high level of support to others.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Experience in PC repair, printer support, Android OS support, and general technology troubleshooting. Quick learner that can master new technologies.
- Working knowledge or better of network protocols, architectures, and general network setup.
- Experience in both Windows and Mac OS environments.
- Self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic. Able to work independently with impeccable sense of honesty and integrity.
- 3+ years experience in IT support, helpdesk, or systems administration.
- General High School degree or equivalent required.
- Two or four year degree in technical major (or equivalent technical certifications) recommended.
Perks and Benefits:- Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!- Direct access to senior management – our leadership team works alongside our team members every day- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance- Generous paid time off (PTO) policy- 401k program - Flexible spending accounts for qualified medical, dependent care, parking, or transit expenses- Free water taxi, discounted gym membership, and daily bike storage for Wrigley building employees- Cold brew coffee on tap at no charge- Employee discounts for Home Chef meal kits- Free lunch every Friday and snacks and beverages on hand every day- Casual dress Home Chef is an equal employment opportunity employer