Director of Architecture
GTreasury is the leading innovator of integrated SaaS treasury and risk management solutions for the digital treasurer. Developed using the latest technology, GTreasury helps empower organizations on their path to strategic treasury, by enabling total visibility into their cash, liquidity, payments and financial risk management. With enterprise clients spanning North America, EMEA and APAC, GTreasury is headquartered in Chicago with offices in London, Sydney and Manila.
In this role you will report to the CTO and will be responsible for defining and implementing a technical vision and a strategic roadmap for the organization.
As the Director of Architecture, you will have a hands-on role to drive the organization in delivering the next generation of SaaS solutions following Agile-based development methodologies. You will engage with members of the development team, product management, and senior management to create a vision and architecture that will support GTreasury’s strategy for growth.
Success in this role requires the ability to work effectively at multiple levels ranging from in the trenches with individual developers, to at the white board with senior developers, to around the boardroom table with senior executives and stakeholders. This means that you need to be comfortable and effective communicating in many different ways and advancing an agenda through personal credibility and influence.
What you will do:
- Creating high quality, working Prototypes and POCs to be used by development teams.
- Partnering with other technologists around the world to develop an architecture vision and roadmap for the GTreasury platform.
- Working with executive management in charting the technology strategy - considering both technical and business trends and factors.
- Partnering with key product leaders to design applications to support the product roadmap.
- Coordinating and drive design and integration of major new capabilities into the product line with senior developers, ensuring that product design and technology choices anticipate future needs, positioning us well for the long term, while efficiently satisfying short term market requirements and addressing security issues.
- Leading, coaching and developing a team of architects and software developers, developing best in class systems and processes for producing high quality software that is aligned with key architecture principles and choices.
Who we are looking for:
- 10+ years experience i all phases of software development life cycles in a web-based SaaS environment with a solid understanding of practical application of Agile Development methods and leading software development teams in Agile environment
- Solid engineering foundation indicated by a demonstrated understanding of product design of complex systems and/or web-based enterprise platforms
- Hands-on experience with implementing DevOps technologies and practices, including building containers, implementing configuration management, monitoring, deployment and automation tools
- Hands-on experience with the leading technologies used in the GTreasury’s technology stack including but not limited to .NET, Azure, Angular, React, well as relational (SQLServer) and NoSQL databases (for example ElasticSearch)
- Experience with data streaming/messaging technologies like Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ or similar
- Extensive Azure or other cloud experience
- Proven leadership experience in providing innovative technical roadmaps.
- Prior experience and interest in Legacy modernization
- Prior experience and familiarity with emerging open source technologies
- Strong leadership, critical thinking and analysis, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Great business acumen with a passion to solve for the customer
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- FinTech or Treasury Management knowledge is a plus
- Experience in scaling hardware (desired)